Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Mapping - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

There are issues with supporting the screen. Apparently the SDK Denon supplied is incorrect and there has been no remedy.

Until this is solved the official mapping can't be released.

Inviato Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 10:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unfortunately not, and it's not up to us i am afraid.

Inviato Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 10:40 am
this is unfortunate as it means we're waiting on denon to fix their software. haha.

care to go into any detail about what's missing in the API?

Inviato Sat 24 Aug 19 @ 1:02 pm
It's meant to be a purely standalone controller so midi support is a bonus if it happens.

Inviato Sat 24 Aug 19 @ 2:03 pm
dse3030Home userMember since 2007
Good news guys.... I just heard denon is soon to be releasing the prime 4 with serato, which should mean virtual can map it......

The internal prime software may not work with your software, but who cares it can be a backup to your main.... so for an event dj like myself it is 2 things:

1. Peace of mind that I have a backup
2. Great for the final songs so I can pack up my computer to speed up the load out....

If the features on this controller work well, this next version could be a good buy

Inviato Sun 15 Sep 19 @ 5:39 pm
The other potential issue is hot swapping sources.

On the MCX8000 you can seamlessly swap between standalone and VDJ and have a different source on each deck. Apparently the Prime only allows one source at a time so I'm not sure if it will support hot swapping between midi and standalone the same way the MCX8000 does.

Guess we will only find out once the Serato mapping is complete.

Inviato Sun 15 Sep 19 @ 5:58 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Does anyone know if the Prime 4 will work in some form with VDJ? Or are there any updates from Denon as to when VDJ will be allowed to support it?

As I see it, Prime as a source to analyse your music is totally rubbish and I see VDJ coming to be the saviour of Denon once again as they did with the MCX8000, which, when it works as a controller is a great piece of kit but total garbage as a standalone or in my case didn't work out of the box full stop.

Inviato Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 5:58 pm
Did you read the thread?

Inviato Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 6:13 pm
Denon are a lost cause. I find it strange people would pay a grand and a half for something after the MCX8000 disaster and actually expect it to work properly.

Inviato Sun 20 Oct 19 @ 6:32 pm
djcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
yes, I have read the thread but was wondering if there has been any progress since?

The MCX8000 is great to a certain extent, when it works, but it's layout is mirrored, which has been pointed out in this thread.
I've toyed around with the idea of taking out the LH deck and putting in a RH deck in place from another.
Sure, it wouldn't be a easy swapped but with my electronic know how I could have a good if it was doable.

Inviato Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 10:31 pm
That wouldn't work as the chassis is also mirrored. You could in theory change the board and face plate but that's it.

I have had my one in bits several times now.

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 8:40 am

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 2:50 pm
Says 17 comments on the Facebook video but can't see any. Looking for instruction.

While I didn't buy a standalone to run as a midi controller, but I would like to try it out.

Wish the virtual dj software could run internally on the 9" touch screen.

Inviato Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 6:14 am
I cannot believe that vdj is one of the top DJ software. And they are still no closer to getting the prime 4 to work with it,
Personally think it’s disgraceful.

Inviato Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 2:25 am
Speak to Denon then.

Inviato Wed 13 Nov 19 @ 7:07 am
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
MarkJohnson1975 wrote :
I cannot believe that vdj is one of the top DJ software. And they are still no closer to getting the prime 4 to work with it,

I cannot believe that Denon being one of the top DJ hardware manufacturers is not interesting to getting Prime 4 to work with a top DJ software as VDJ.

Inviato Tue 17 Dec 19 @ 9:20 pm
They are selling it as standalone so software integration isn't important to them.

And their software support is utterly crap.

Inviato Tue 17 Dec 19 @ 10:02 pm

I have the premium 4 for a month and I am very disappointed not to be able to use it with VirtualDj, great disappointment, because with TIDal it's not great. for an article has price ...

Inviato Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 7:36 pm
People need to keep hassling Denon. The ball is firmly in their court.

There is a partial mapping available that does not support the screens.

Inviato Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 7:37 pm
djcachoPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello friends.
I have my Prime 4 since June.
I have been able to test the mapping for virtual dj and it works great except the screens.
I have direct contact with the developers of denon and I want to help make the mapping totally useful.
What can I do?

Inviato Mon 30 Dec 19 @ 11:27 pm
98%