Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Skipping while playing a track

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have been using this software for a long LONG time and rarely run updates becsuse ones I find it working flawlessly... I stay.. Well last week, I ran an update. Tested it all week. I get out live.. Worked fine on night 1....night 2..play a track in which I played several times.. Skips.. Skips skips.. The first hickup in 4 years using this... Had to dump the track and MC my way out of that.. Tried to install the build I was running before... Says it installs... But.. It doesn't.. It was 1 track that entire night but compared to how it's been.. Thats too much... Idk y it happened but it was embarrassing... Idk what could have caused this but I can't have it happen again.. Is there a log file that is online that should point to what happend? If so.. If I provide the song and time.. Can this be looked into?

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 4:13 pm
There won't be a log file if VDJ didn't crash.

Last week you "ran an update" - of what? VDJ? Your operating system? Drivers?

Are you using an internal or external drive for music storage? Are you using a controller with audio interface (which?)?

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 4:44 pm
Updated VDJ.. Use a pioneer ddj sx2 , Mac, music on external and it can't be becsuse of that.. I say this becsuse I've been using this set up for 4 years nonstop 3 nights a week.. Not once have I ever had this happen.. Ever.. This is why I normally do not update anything.. Once it's solid.. It stays

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 5:47 pm
It can't be? OK so we won't investigate that then. You know best.

Where were you playing when this happened? Do you play in one regular venue or a different one every time?

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 5:52 pm
I mean .. NOTHING has changed but the build which is the latest public release.. Everythjng including hardware remains the same.. This is how I know it's not the external hard drive when this setup has been flawless since March of 2015.. I was jjst looking for pointers on this but it's fine.. I will investigate further. What I want is to install the older build in which I was running but it wont overwrite the new build. I really don't want to uninstall has I have a custom mapping and all my settings are to my liking

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 7:55 pm
.....and the venue?

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 8:40 pm
Lol maybe I'm missing something, but if you carry your controller and your own computer and your own hard drive with you to DJ, how does the venue affect your performance? I don't see the connection there but to answer your connection I've been DJing regularly at this venue for three straight years and again nothing is changed there and even if it has, which it hasn't, I don't see how that would affect my software. I can take the set up to the Moon and it's the exact same setup. It's just of course on the moon no one would be able to hear the music cuz there's no air to carry the sound LOL that would be a problem😂😂

Inviato Mon 06 May 19 @ 8:59 pm
Controllers, computers, even people wear out by time...
So, nothing really always stays the same.
Back to your issue: Your controller has a touchstrip (needle touch) that's used for track seeking.
Are you absolutely sure that you didn't engage it by accident or that a controller button didn't get stuck (until you press it again) e.t.c. ?
Finally: If you don't use a good power conditioner, voltage drops/rises in the public AC network can really make sensitive electronic devices (like your controller) go nuts.
For example a lot of people in here know that it's not a good idea to power your controller and laptop from the same outlet with a fog/hazer machine. They know because they experienced issues by the voltage drops that a fogger can produce when they heat their pump.

What I really want to say is that you need to think all real possibilities and search deeper to determine (if ever) the real cause of your issue. I'm not saying it was not caused by your VirtualDJ update. I'm not saying it was caused by that either. But if I was about to make a bet, I wouldn't put my money on that possibility...

Inviato Tue 07 May 19 @ 12:57 pm
Downgraded back to old build.. Problem resolved... So IDK... Its all good for now

Inviato Tue 07 May 19 @ 2:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)