Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: ZvideoControl - Page: 2
Thanx for your message.
I tried some stuff to exclude hardware problems.. (I own an MK2 btw).. pasting the script on another pad gives the same single responce. short orange blink, but not the blinking behaviour like the other fx buttons do.
Also exported the midi template to VDJ on another computer.. same behavior.

I also found the thread for selecting folders I sooner scrolled through.. (and found out it was your post.. thanx again.;-) ) I did succeed to map some computerkeys to shaderfolders. But now I'm wondering if the unused buttons for my Launchpad on layer 3 ('$padmode' 3) can be mapped too. I think it's wise to post this question in this thread right?: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/229518/Addons/ZvideoControl.html I'm really curious if somthing with visual led feedback is possible for this btw.. that would be awesome. :-)

Inviato Wed 08 Jan 20 @ 8:44 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Updated to v1.1, original post edited to reflect changes. [mostly script clean up but also adds random shader selection when swapping]

Inviato Fri 10 Jan 20 @ 1:46 pm
Hey man, I've been playing around with it today and I'm really happy with the toggle on the XF, SH and VT.
On the FX buttons at first I wasn't aware that the repititions was selectable by paramater 1.. so now it all makes much more sense. ;-)

I'm really happy with it.. but... I use the rate at for XF, SH and VT mostly at 1, 2 and 4 bar.. the colors come in handy.. but was wondering if there's an easy script to have the XF, SH and VT in a sort of pre-fix setting.. so I can recall it under one of the X pads (5-8) and tweak from there..
If not possible I'll have to get used to the colors ;-) Big thumbs up for your work anyway!!

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 12:33 am
I added some custom buttons as a visual for when I finally get my launchpad remapped and stop using the vdj pads

purple is master, blue left, red right [left and right are for my singleVideoControl padpage, it's in the review stage]

Yeah you can call presets once the scripts are running

video crossfader "set '$xBar' X"
shader swap "set '$sBar' X"
transition swap "set '$tBar' X"
values allowed 0,1,2,4,8,16,32 [0 = pause, stationary, no change]

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 3:15 am
Hey, that would be interesting to have it separated.. looks good. But I think this is implented in the skin right? Wouldn't have any idea where to paste such a code..
But, thank you for the code on the beat rate.. really handy to have some shortcuts.. I also added some pre-settings for the '$AVFXCycles' under a few Y buttons. :-)

edit: the update on zVideo didn't solve the missing Launchpad led feedback on the shufflle fx pad. I already tried to map it to different pads, without luck.. though it's triggering the shuffle fx
var '$padmode' 3 ? shift ? deck 1 padshift 9 : deck 1 pad 9 : nothing
[for led] var '$padmode' 3 ? shift ? deck 1 padshift_button_color 9 : deck 1 pad_button_color 9 : nothing

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 10:46 am
shuffle fx? do you mean shake 'SHK' FX ?

Pad 9 calls boom auto so I'm not really following you

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 1:03 pm
ah.. crap.. I wasn't awake I think.. You''re right. It's B/A that lights up on the paddeck.. and mapped to the pad that don't lights up on my LP mini.
oh.. and shuffle should be SHK indeed. sorry for the confusion..

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 1:19 pm
I'm finding hard to believe the LPm struggles to do 'blue', maybe it does. try change the color to one you know works, as I'm not seeing anything wrong.

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 1:35 pm
The LP mini II only does red and green (and mixes of both).. don't know bout the regular LP II
But, changed to green and it's working now :-) Thanx!!

Inviato Sun 12 Jan 20 @ 2:01 pm
Further news - sorry to be apita with updates. [I think we're solid with this one]

New update pending v1.2.
Added padshift 6&7; pauses shader swap for decks A & B respectively.
Changed how pads 1,2,3 work; before button queried rate and then setup a rsi, now button starts a rsi that then queries rate. This allows changing rates for these buttons with just 1 variable [each button] [much nicer than the wall of script needed before]
values allowed 0,1,2,4,8,16,32 [0 = pause, stationary, no change]
video crossfader "set '$xBar' X"
shader swap "set '$sBar' X"
transition swap "set '$tBar' X"
Changed 'snap'; previous sync'd to the 1 of the 4, now sync's to 1 of 32.
Fix bug; previous build snap didn't sync when action was already running.

I'll update OP when this release goes live, I can't see any more updates [until we get a new x64 video fx to populate vibrate fx button]
Feel free to share any video work HERE
If you want deeper customisation, ask in this thread of send me a PM.
If you like you can buy me a BEER

Inviato Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 1:18 am
v1.2 is now live, and nothing much more is going to change until we get a new x64 video fx.

Inviato Thu 23 Jan 20 @ 4:38 am
locodog wrote :
v1.2 is now live, and nothing much more is going to change until we get a new x64 video fx.

Thanks for your hard work on this.

Inviato Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 1:22 pm
One of my favourite pads, but probably one of the last I'll release.

Inviato Wed 19 Feb 20 @ 2:27 pm
I've sort of remade this as a video plugin, I've thinned it down to 3 dials, vxf speed, shader change rate, VT change rate [rates 1 - 32 & 0]
I've added a proper random pick for shader & VT [std::mt19937, I have no idea XD] . I've also added a couple of buttons for how the shader changes.
1 stagger, this will stagger the shader changes, it will change deck 1, wait for a beat period, then change deck 2, wait, change deck 1 etc, desired result is transition from A to B, while @B change A, transition B to newA [a bit more "mixy" in my opinion]
2 match, match will change both shaders to the same random shader [I used this with one deck negative, looked decent so I kept it]

no big woop, but the main reason I remade it is one more button "Note"
while it's doing its randomness and you see something that looks cool, hit "note" and it will make note of the shaders on decks and the VT in use
so you can make shader playlists, how to play this playlist? one more dial, this one reads the shader playlist [and has rates 1 - 32 & 0] if it is switched to anything but zero it will over ride the random dials for shader & VT

And there's scope for multiple playlists, seasonal lists is the no brainer, but I was thinking more lists more related to the music
lightBreak, darkBreak, buildUp, drop, mental, calm.
no limit to the number of playlists [just some design choices to how it will work]

if you want to try it out speak up

Inviato Mon 14 Dec 20 @ 10:35 pm