Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Toggle 'effect_buttons' via 'padfx' ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi!

Is there a way to toggle an effect_button via the padfx-function (e.g. effect_button 'echo' 1) ?
Currently I only know about adjusting slider-parameters in padfx,
but not how to toggle the buttons (if there is a way to do this).

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 9:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It is indeed limited to sliders currently, but switches could indeed make sense as well, will consider it

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 9:46 am
This would be great if you could implement the buttons to padfx.

To let you know why I'm asking for:
I tried to program a simple EchoOut-Effect over padfx, because my first one (with several native Effects) is a veeeeery big bunch of text (sounds great by the way :D), but since the buttons are not recognized in padfx I have to stick with my current/old EchoOut.

But even if there were buttons inside padfx, there is still something missing in the Echo effect itself to create a perfect EchoOut...
If there was an option to 'Mute the source' AFTER (and not before) one periode of the set lenght, the effect would have time to build up so it could give a nice trailing.

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 10:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
This was actually recently added to the echo effect.
If mute source is turned on before the effect is started, it will only effectively mute the source after one period.

Out of curiosity though, what are you missing from the native Loop Out effect that you want to use echo for this?

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 10:16 am
Adion wrote :
This was actually recently added to the echo effect.
If mute source is turned on before the effect is started, it will only effectively mute the source after one period.

Out of curiosity though, what are you missing from the native Loop Out effect that you want to use echo for this?

You were faster again :D
I just tried it because I noticed some different sounding and as I turned down the strength to 0%
with mute source on I heard that it mutes after one periode...
So now I only need the buttons inside padfx and I could rebuild some effects on the pad_pages.
You only have to make sure that all parameters are set before padfx turns on the effect :D (if it makes a difference).

I also tried to do it with the Loop Out effect...
I saw what you went for with this effect, but I find the fading kinda rough / harsh...
The curve is just not like its with the Echo-effect, thats why I prefer the Echo.

But I have to say that I reeeaaaally work a lot on every edge in VDJ and code every single thing that
I can to make it a perfect tool (at least for me)...
(And my secret dream is to work on the development of this software somehow ^^)
But this is time consuming as you know...
Maybe you reworked the effects since my last time I took an indepth look on the effects.

Inviato Fri 26 Jul 19 @ 10:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)