Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: songpos only show cues 1-16

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hi, I'm reworking "routine" so it doesn't need an fx to run, just a padpage [and by god some of the script is ugly XD ] while being available for macs is cool, A real source of ugliness is the hundreds of cue points on the songpos. This is vdj so there must be something I can do.

I was thinking have the usual songpos but make it's; visibility="pad_page "routine" ? false : true"
then have another group with the reverse visibility, in it have songpos but that one has no <cues/> child
finally because I want to still show cues 1-16 have a load of visuals on top of this songpos
visual source="has_cue 1"

Makes sense to me, (if I'm wrong tell me) but my doubt is getting these visuals to show the cue color.

Any hints or better ideas how to do it all.

Inviato Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 9:32 am
Well, you can get the color OR the pos, on a "visual" but not both... :P

To get the pos you need a <slider /> element. It will get the pos of the cue, but it's color has to be fixed.
To get the color you need a <visual type="color" /> element. It will get the cue color, but it's placement on screen is "static"

Inviato Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 10:06 am
excuse me while I find a cat to kick. I was mistaken thinking <pos x="" could be dynamic [so you're saying that can't be done even with placeholders? for any type of element, button, visual etc]

Damn this project, first cue_select +1 giving ropey results if two cues share the same sample, [needing a a near +100KB rewrite] then has_cue being impossible to cast to [needing to brute force a check of which of 6400 cues comes next... +800KB rewrite, and watch the script engine go on a 5 second strike when you try load a 1MB pad page XD] cue_colors accepting alpha values? - nope. cues invisible ? yes... but they have to be manually set & invisible isn't a cue color,no, it's a number ...lol... [and I just can't face rewriting to work on cue name...]

I'm sorry was I ranting?....XD

Inviato Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 11:39 am
Placeholders get read upon skin loading and get replaced on the "XML" side
Imagine them as a conditional search & replace inside the XML file upon skin loading.
In your case you would need to reload the skin on any track load and on any cues 1-16 change... Which makes it awful

Better place a wish on the appropriate forum to be able to set the "hidden" attribute of a POI via script

Inviato Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 8:20 pm
thanks for the info on placeholders, a bit confusing as I'm sure I've seen placeholders for pad colours but I'll take your word look and again.
I'll try a wish [again] but I've argued every case for cues with alpha, color=transparent and any other realistic idea I could argue, and that was long before the new skin engine. So breath firmly not held.
Cues @ half height, 3pxl wide, no mask, no shade [really shade? that's like songpos shadow, wave fade or 'fake' wave glare ideas] seem like a compromise.
Not trying to reinvent the wheel, just want to put some shiny rims on it. [...and I'm @ 2M chars so far]

Inviato Tue 21 Jan 20 @ 9:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)