Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can Two DJs cue independently?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

I would like to ask you if there is any VDJ configuration that allows to work with 2 controllers independently, since it has the possibility of output by 2 sound cards.

My purpose is to use the first as a controller / mixer and the other as a secondary headphone output and independent pre-listen / pfl / cue.

It is something like the feature that includes the mixers A&H model1 and this one of pionner: https: //djtechtools.com/2020/01/16/djm-v10-pioneer-djs-new-6-channel-mixer-looks-like- it-was-designed-by-a-techno-dj /

Is this possible?

Otherwise, does anyone know another possibility of achieving my goal or could you suggest a mixer, if possible, midi, not very expensive, with double independent pfl output?

Thank you.

Inviato Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 6:11 pm

You can use 2 controllers with VirtualDJ yes ;-)

And can easily set it up as you want

Inviato Fri 31 Jan 20 @ 6:51 pm
jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi, good morning.

I keep testing the beta versions, but I can't map pfl to 2 sound cards (or two controllers with independent soundcards).

For example, I want to preview through the Deck1 computer's built-in sound card while previewing Deck2 on my Mixars Quattro mixer.

The only thing I get by selecting pfl is that the same preview is heard on both sound cards. I can't get them to be independent.

Could you tell me if this is possible with VDJ? I can't find any information about it, so it seems impossible. The idea would be, if this were possible, to be able to acquire a second controller such as the ALLEN & HEATH XONE K2, and to be able to put music on 2 djs independently, each one with its own preview separately.

The only information I have found is:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20to%20multiple%20decks.html
page indicating that: Most 4 deck skins are designed to allow multiple PFL in their mixer section. Most 2 deck skins do not support this.

Does the above mean, for example, that for what I would intend to do, there would be 2 pfl buttons for each Deck?

Thanks in advance.

Happy new year 2021.

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 21 @ 9:24 am
For starters, what you want to achieve depends on the controllers themselves.

VirtualDJ does support having multiple headphone outputs on the same sound setup, but it doesn't support sending different decks pfl to different headphone outputs. This means that ALL pfl channels will be heard on all headphone outputs.

The only way to achieve what you are after, is to use controllers that use "external" mixer sound setup.
This way VirtualDJ sends the audio of each deck to a specific channel on a controller and the controller does the rest.
So, in that case you can set for instance decks 1 & 2 to be routed on controller A and decks 3 & 4 to be routed on controller B.
Controllers A & B will use their own hardware mixing tools and therefore it is possible to spilt the headphones.
However, in that case you will need to bridge the output of these two controllers somehow since each one of them will output it's own mix.

Generally speaking, I find the way you want to operate too complex. Another issue that would arise, is what happens with the browser... Both controllers will scroll and control the same list, control the same sampler, e.t.c.

PS: What's commonly used these days is 2 computers running on one controller.
Having one computer running on two different controllers with "isolated" controls doesn't seem to make any sense...
(Having one computer running on two different controllers in order to expand usage is common too, but that doesn't require "isolated" controls)

Inviato Thu 07 Jan 21 @ 12:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)