Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Release effect enhancements

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

EDIT: Adion explained it below - I was way off :)

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 1:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The idea is that you simply map effect_releaseslider_active to a knob, and that this both acts as a way to activate the release effect and change the duration or parameter at the same time.
Support is currently limited to BrakeStart and Backspin effects though, so not extremely useful at this point.

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:12 pm
Adion wrote :
Support is currently limited to BrakeStart and Backspin effects though, so not extremely useful at this point.

Oh, that's why I couldn't figure out how to make it do anything apart from what what every other effect slots does :-D
That may still be usable, though - let me think
Thanks

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:22 pm
It would be useful if more effects support it (and there's some selector that limits to effects that support it)
For now it was mainly implemented for the DDJ-RZ I believe, and has been a low priority to update since it seems there wasn't much demand or controllers that followed adding dedicated buttons for this.

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:32 pm
Yes, it's crazy how little info there is on Release FX online, when you think about that it's stamped right on the box of both the DDJ-1000, the DDJ-800 and the DDJ-400
So probably not used a lot

Anyway - according to the little info I found, it:
- Should stop all other running effects when enabled
- Not hurt the flow of the playing track (so basically never stop it, and work in slip mode)
It's seems to really be seen as a "get out of jail card" when you have built up to many effect layers to handle

I find in VDJ when using it with BrakeStart and Backspin, that in can stop the track, and it doesn't disable other running effects
It does try to run in slip mode, though
Is that correct?

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:52 pm
Correct, not sure if it's actually useful to stop all effects, that does make it seem like something to use in a panic lol

Inviato Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 3:03 pm
Adion wrote :
Correct, not sure if it's actually useful to stop all effects, that does make it seem like something to use in a panic lol

That you can just add to the script yourself if needed :)
But I think it would be great if it made sure the track never stopped when using it. Right now it's a bit scary to turn on. Of course that could probably be achived using slip or slip_mode
I think I'll do a short video on it, so that people - including me - don't get so confused about what it is when they see it in the script windows

Inviato Wed 08 Apr 20 @ 4:33 am
After testing it a bit in Rekordbox using my DDJ-400, it would seem that it works a bit like this in RB

For selecting the effect
effect_select releasefx 'brakestart'
or
effect_select releasefx 'backspin'
... echo out is also an option I think

And then then to trigger (like shift + the blue button "while pressed" in RB on the DDJ-400) would be something like this:

up ? effect_releaseslider_active 0% & play & slip off : slip on && effect_releaseslider_active 75% & effect_active 1 0 & effect_active 2 0 & effect_active 3 0

So I set a default length of the selected release fx, handle slip and play, in case I hold the button too long, and make sure the 3 default effect slots stop if they are activated
... that seems to give me a similar result to RB using the DDJ-400

Inviato Wed 08 Apr 20 @ 5:06 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello friends, I'm working on this script to..
I've got this:
effect_active 1 0 & effect_active 2 0 & effect_active 3 0 & effect_active 4 'release_fx' & slip_mode on temporary & down ? effect_active 4

On the first press it stops the fx on slot 1,2 and 3. the 4th is the releasefx and will start. on second press fx4 will go off. you can load all fx on slot 4 (releasefx)
I'm working with a custom button, but finaly want to use it on my ddj-rr releasefx-knob.
regards, John

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 20 @ 6:40 pm
im confused .
sampler_stop all
effect_disable_all
deck master effect_disable_all
This is what i was using tp stop effects and samples.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 4:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)