Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Live Broadcast Copyright strikes - Arghhhh

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello Guys, this seems to be a long time problem and many discussions are here already, but I am still lost.
I have tried streaming a music video set on Facebook, Youtube, Twitch.tv and doesn't matter if I ( by reading some people's tips ) Alter the tempo/pitch, put a base beat on top, add effects, it's a matter of minutes to start getting the damn copyright notifications and stream blocked. I am looking to do this to a close group of friends via private link, and I am not sure if the other platforms ( Vimeo, periscope, etc ) are any better. Anyone could give me a good tip on this, or even straight up tell me to forget about it. Also, I wonder how HUNDREDS of Dj's I follow on facebook and youtube are able to do it???? ( not all of them do video mixing, but even so. the other day I did a live stream talking about how to repair some equipment, and there was a background music coming from don't know where... BAM. strike!. What is the secret people??? how are there so many people streaming live mixes without getting banned?

Inviato Fri 01 May 20 @ 8:23 pm
It's quite simple, and it amazes me how many DJs seem to be completely oblivious to the facts.

The music you play does not belong to you. The copyright is held by the artist or label, and you do not have the right to broadcast it, record it, or do pretty much anything other than listen to it. There's nothing new here. It's been the case for many decades.

However, there was a site mentioned on here recently that has the copyright payments covered. You simply pay a monthly fee to the site and you can stream away to your hearts content. Mixcloud Live.

Inviato Fri 01 May 20 @ 9:00 pm
Thanks, but I know all the bla-bla-blas. I am interested in finding out how hundreds of people are doing it on youtube and facebook and getting by, legally or not legally., doesn't matter.

groovindj wrote :
It's quite simple, and it amazes me how many DJs seem to be completely oblivious to the facts.

The music you play does not belong to you. The copyright is held by the artist or label, and you do not have the right to broadcast it, record it, or do pretty much anything other than listen to it. There's nothing new here. It's been the case for many decades.

However, there was a site mentioned on here recently that has the copyright payments covered. You simply pay a monthly fee to the site and you can stream away to your hearts content. Mixcloud Live.

Inviato Fri 01 May 20 @ 10:48 pm
Most likely they are using remixes or less commercial music. Or they are playing from countries which have fewer restrictions.

Inviato Fri 01 May 20 @ 10:58 pm

Inviato Sat 02 May 20 @ 7:46 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)