Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: My first time and having technical issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

jeremtPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi This is my first time broadcasting on YouTube with the 2020 software and having technical issues saying that Broadcasting cannot keep up. My broadband speed is fast and I have Sky Broadband at about Download 35.44 Mbps and Upload 7.64 Mbps. Last week I have subscribe for the Video Pro. What am I doing wrong here. I have been broadcasting on Radio Server, DJ and Podcast as well, may be too much for my computer. Thank you.
From Jeremy Knight

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 2:39 pm
Are you try to broadcast to all 4 at the same time??

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 5:59 pm
yes

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 6:21 pm
yes. If you go to YouTube and have a look. May be the internet I have is not good enough doing videos on YouTube.
From Jeremy

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 6:26 pm
You’re trying do too much at the same time.

Radio Server = uses bandwidth
Podcast = uses Bandwidth
VDJ server = uses bandwidth
Youtube = uses considerably more bandwidth as is video.

Whilst you internet speeds are ok. They are not great. Plus if other people on the network are also using it you’re going to struggle.

Perhaps try just streaming to YouTube and see if the results are better. If they are then it would almost certainly prove the above theory.

Inviato Tue 26 May 20 @ 6:43 pm
I have been using only one that`s VDJ and I trying broadcast to Youtube and I still having issues, so I have to stop and not worth bothering It is not my broadband which is fast. Will the VDJ server = uses bandwidth and Youtube = uses considerably more bandwidth as is video as you say but it goes offline. Is anybody else technical issues trying to broadcast to Youtube. I am paying $49.99 per month for Video VJ Pro. Thank you.
From Jeremy Knight

Inviato Wed 27 May 20 @ 8:09 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
You may be getting forced offline on Youtube because you are playing copyrighted content. Maybe try Mix cloud?

Also, I disagree with your comment on internet speed. My parents were dropping and buffering cell phone audio only calls on Wifi at 35mb/7mb speeds. That is not nearly as intensive as broadcasting video. Trust me when I say they are low tech, they were not doing anything else at the time. I made them upgrade to 150 (next step) and they are super happy with wifi calling.

Also keep in mind that when you are broadcasting, you are uploading to the internet. Which means your 7 mb speed, not your 35 mb download speed. 7 mb is not a lot. I might consider barely even passable.

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 12:37 am
In my opinion, you need at minimum, an upload speed of around 12mbs or higher to get a good steady stream. Anything under 10mbs and you will run in to problems, and that only on one stream. Keep in mind, Your 7mbs upload likely jumps from 7 to 3 to 10 at any given moment. It doesn't make for good streaming. Also if you can't upgrade your internet, you really should be going in over wired ethernet. I have a 20mbs slightly hardwired (I'm going through a wireless ethernet bridge) so my upload takes priority over any other devices on my routers. I consistently get at least 15mbs up and I haven't had issues. When I had the 10MBS up I ran into issues all the time.

Oh and I don't know you set up, but the more visuals and movement on your screen, the more processing power you eat up. You should be broadcasting at no higher than 720p. Just my opinion though.

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 8:40 pm
My broadband speed is fast and I have Sky Broadband here in UK at about Download 35.44 Mbps and Upload 7.64 Mbps may be too low to upload videos to Youtube or Facebook.
From Jeremy Knight

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:04 pm
To be clear, your broadband is not fast. It's average at best. Also, your DOWNLOAD speed has nothing to do with streaming. Upload speed is the only thing that matters and it's pretty low.

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:47 pm
Jeremy,

For the UK your speeds are average. I'm also in the UK and with Sky Broadband and as you can see my upload is considerably better than yours.

You will struggle trying to broadcast to that many places all at once with a 7mbps speed.
Have you tried ONLY with Youtube or Twitch or Mixcloud Live (just 1 video output) to see whether your connection works with just one correctly.

Also as Cleveland says - make sure you are not trying to broadcast above 720p. You may even need to drop to low settings.

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 9:51 pm
Dan (djtouchdan)Team So which will I try to my videos uploaded to YouTube Normal latency, Low-latency or Ultra low-latency Does not support: Closed captions, 1440p and 4k resolutions, this is the settings from 2020 software.
From Jeremy Knight

Inviato Fri 29 May 20 @ 2:59 pm
Hi,

some comments,

HD @720 resolution videos to stream, you will require at least 3 Mb ,
HD @ 1080 will take 4.5 Mb , for uploading and you must leave at least 20 % free on the bandwidth to avoid the bandwidth saturation,
( of course dont use wifi, use a etehrnet conection )

Luck,!
GK

Inviato Fri 29 May 20 @ 6:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)