Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MApping Numark NS6ii

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

HutsyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hey Guys,

Had a look through the forum and couldn't seem to find anything about this - and the manuals for software and hardware didn't seem to point me in the right direction as such.

Bear with me, as I've never done it, so I'm bound to sound a little silly, but there's a couple of hardware functions that aren't mapped out the box that would be handy to incorporate with some editing.

The two primary areas I'd like to map are:

1) The slide bar / strip (to allow to skip through tracks)

2) The effects assignment buttons (A / B) where you can assign each bank of effects to each deck. I'd prefer to be able to assign both banks to all decks, so I've got 6 effects on hand. Currently each bank is only assigned to one deck.

If I've missed an obvious location for these answers, appreciate the pointer! I was searching on Google also in case but not found anything just yet.

Cheers!

John

Inviato Wed 27 May 20 @ 11:39 am
1) https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/ns6ii/layout/decks.html
Item 19:
STRIP SEARCH: The length of this strip represents the length of the entire track. Place your finger on a point along this sensor to jump to that point in the track (song position). While your finger touches the strip, the track will start a temporary playback (if it was not playing before) in order to preview that area of the track. Lift your finger from the strip to stop playback.
Important notice: In order to avoid accidental track jumps when you manipulate FX, the needle search does not operate when the deck is on air. If you want to use the strip while a deck is on air please hold down SHIFT first, and then touch the strip

2) https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/ns6ii/layout/effects.html
Item 52:
FX A/B: Clone the effects from one deck to the other. E.g if the FX A button on the channel 4 is pressed, the Effects from the left deck (A) will be cloned to the deck 2.

===========================================================
For 2, you can REMAP your controller to use FX banks, but FX banks work different in VirtualDJ than other software.
In VirtualDJ FX banks recalls a set of 3 effects to use with the deck.
If you want to do this then map as follows:
<map value="FX_ASSIGN_L" action="effect_bank_load 1" />
<map value="FX_ASSIGN_R" action="effect_bank_load 2" />
<map value="SHIFT_FX_ASSIGN_L" action="effect_bank_save 1" />
<map value="SHIFT_FX_ASSIGN_R" action="effect_bank_save 2" />

Inviato Wed 27 May 20 @ 4:42 pm
HutsyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Thank you very much!

I swear Strip Search didn't work, but low and behold, it works as described. I must have only tried it whilst a track was active and assumed it wasn't mapped.

Bizarrely I can't figure out the effects though. My A/B buttons have never lit up to be on or off regardless of what I do, and I'm being very slow to understand those instructions for some reason!

Inviato Thu 28 May 20 @ 8:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)