Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Custom Controller Mapping - Denon DN HC4500

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

swattyPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I need help with modifying the default mapping of the Denon DN HC4500. I am not sure if I am in the correct place to ask this question - apologies if not.

Can anyone offer guidance/provide mapping for the following:

I have been trying to make some custom mapping changes to the default Denon DN HC4500 controller mapping and one in particular is proving to be beyond my capabilities/understanding.
By default, the “track Knob” (parameters knob on the unit) is set to Browser_Scroll .
I would like to change this so that it responds as Browser_Move when operated in conjunction with a Shift Button. I have set up the “Cont/Single” button as a shift button. The shift button is working fine as I am using it for other functions which all work as expected.
I would like the Browser_Move function to only work when the Shift Button & Track Knob are operated together whilst the focus is on Sidelist or Playlist. I would also like the Track Knob to move the songs up or down depending on which way the knob is turned.
I have partially managed this but the tracks also move when in other browser windows such as “songs”. I should also note that if I use var “cont/single” ? Browser_Move -1 without any other script, the tracks move up or down depending on which way the knob is turned which is what I want. If the command is followed by :Browser_Scroll (do this if the shift button is not pressed) , the tracks only move in one direction irrespective of which way I turn the knob when the shift key is held.
So to clarify, this is what I would like:
When moving the Track Knob in any browser window it acts as scroll.
When the focus is on sidelist or playlist only, and the shift key is held down whilst turning the track knob, the selected songs in the sidelist or playlist are moved up or down depending on which way the knob is turned.
The Cont/Single button is used as shift (Set “cont/single” 1 while_pressed)

Many thanks in advance for any help with this.

Steve

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 9:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Have to check if you press & twist
shift+track knob
what does vdj see in the mapping window?

Anyway you seem to have a grip on things so no need to spoon feed,
you can query where the browser is

browser_window "playlist" ? DO ACTION FOR PLAYLISTS : browser_window "sidelist" ? DO ACTION FOR SIDELISTS : ALL OTHER BROWSERS WINDOWS

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 10:08 am
Thanks for the response. I think you have credited me with more skill than I deserve!

Ignoring the sidelist for the moment, I tried something along the the lines of browser_window "playlist" & var "$cont/single" ? browser_move -1 : browser_scroll
The above does not work correctly. var "$cont/single" ? browser_move -1 : browser_scroll does allow the moving of tracks in any window but only in one direction irrespective of which way the knob is turned. Strange thing is if i remove : browser_scroll the tracks move in either direction depending on which way the knob is turned but obviously browser scroll stops working for all windows.

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 12:13 pm
browser_window "playlist" ? var "$cont/single" ? browser_move : browser_scroll : browser_window "sidelist" ? browser_move : browser_scroll : browser_scroll

Almost there, does this work

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 1:04 pm
browser_window "playlist" ? var "$cont/single" ? browser_move : browser_scroll : browser_window "sidelist" ? var "$cont/single" ? browser_move : browser_scroll : browser_scroll

Just needed to add the underlined part and all is good.

Thanks locodog for the assistance.

Steve

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 5:16 pm
All good, I gave you the info you needed but not the full answer, just a little head scratching helps the info stick :)

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 8:47 pm
swatty wrote :
browser_window "playlist" ? var "$cont/single" ? browser_move : browser_scroll : browser_window "sidelist" ? var "$cont/single" ? browser_move : browser_scroll : browser_scroll

Just needed to add the underlined part and all is good.

Thanks locodog for the assistance.

Steve

While your script works, a better way would be:
1) Change the CONT/SINGLE mapping to just "shift"

2) Your new TRACK_KNOB mapping should now be like this:
shift ? browser_window "playlist" ? browser_move : browser_window "sidelist" ? browser_move : nothing : browser_scroll

PS: Since you use the CONT/SINGLE button for other "shift" functions on other buttons you'll have to adjust accordingly.
While this may cause an annoyance, in general it's better to remap the CONT/SINGLE button as "shift" action which is native to VirtualDJ

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 20 @ 7:14 am
Many thanks for the suggestion. I can see it is a lot tidier. I will take on board your suggestion. This is my first attempt at changing mapping so still learning.

Inviato Tue 16 Jun 20 @ 7:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)