Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New Crash Problem - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

This week, Virtual Dj has started crashing and restarting multiple times a night at gigs. When it does, it completely clears my playlist and all of my settings revert to factory defaults, including the skin. This message appears saying there is new hardware detected. I have not changed any hardware in my setup.

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 7:09 pm
Update to 5782 should fix this.

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 7:17 pm
Aloha, its getting frustrating... after updating last night, VDJ has not been the same... crashes 2-10 minuets, I thought perhaps corrupt files, I disconnected ext drive, in stand alone mode... I've tried everything, there is critical bug in latest update... thanks

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 8:36 pm
VDJ doesn't stay open long enough for me to do anything, it's much worst... switch from vids to mp3, no change, doesn't matter what I do... like to roll back to previous build.. thanks

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 8:41 pm
@djsugaray

Doesn’t sound like your issue is related to the OP.
You could try deleting/renaming the settings.xml file. That should fix you’re issue.

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 8:50 pm
hi, I did, seem to work for a period... now VDJ freezes when I connect ext drive, don't get (no response) sits there frozen... This is the first this happened, never had this issue before.. started last night and has gotten worst... like to roll back to previous build to test.. thanks

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 9:37 pm
ok, I did as recommended, renamed old settings xml.. so far VDJ is working without any problems... my question is why? only add skins, effects, plug-ins from VDJ.. seem like Camera, broadcast skin, or OS2L app were the last 3 apps I installed before all went to hell in a hand basket... Hopefully you can explain why.. Mahalo.. Ray

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 10:13 pm

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 10:14 pm
spoke too soon, just happened again... all I was doing was playing with video effects, samples, beats, didn't add anything, changed clock to 12 hours.. back to square one, that would happen, can spin for 30 minutes or so, then get an unknown file type... this is not cool...

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 10:43 pm
Thank you, I will try previous build....

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 10:54 pm
using a MacBook, what is best way to roll back? thanks

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 20 @ 10:57 pm
Pick the version you want to try from this page:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

Then install it. Although, I am 90% sure your problem is caused by the settings.xml file. So changing to an older build is unlikely to resolve the issue.

There must be something you are changing that either when its been written to the setting file is failing, or it doesn't like what you are trying to change.
Its impossible to say what the issue could be as we can't see your settings file.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 12:04 am
Hi, after uninstalling completely uninstalling VDJ, minus files, to include setting xml, installed B5754.. after first 5 minutes, started to experience the same issue, could not load another file, I left laptop alone to see if VDJ would crash.. nothing happened.. then all os sudden, I was able to play again, been running VDJ for an hour no issues thus far.. Now running VDJ with DDJ-1000SRT, pushing application to see if VDJ would crash... While responding VDJ to you, now getting unknown file type, these are for video files I spin all the time... this issue started with 1000SRT, firmware & drivers are uptodate... I may try SX2 to see if I get the same issue... thank you very much for your patience and assistance ...

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 12:38 am
I'm now getting Pioneer HID.xml custom definitions requires a pro license... I saw this for the first time last night, then update happened at the same time.. what is this Pioneer HID.xml custom definitions requires a pro license"?

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 12:48 am
ive just bought the virtual dj and it just crashes and crashes and then crashes...tried everything..how stressful is this...should've bought serato/traktor instead.. help!

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 12:51 pm
We will need a bit more info than just "it crashes"...

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 12:54 pm
djsugaray wrote :
I'm now getting Pioneer HID.xml custom definitions requires a pro license... I saw this for the first time last night, then update happened at the same time.. what is this Pioneer HID.xml custom definitions requires a pro license"?

Aloha, can someone please answer what is this Pioneer HID.xml custom definitions requires a pro license? Also VDJ build 5754, deleted settings xml, continued to crash, unknown file, I completed removed VDJ.. I think issue is with 1000SRT, never had this issue with SX2.. Are there known issues with 1000SRT, driver?

Thanks....

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 7:58 pm
Try deleting any files within the Mappers folder.
My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers

This will revert all controllers back to their default settings.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 9:06 pm
Dan (djtouchdan) wrote :
Try deleting any files within the Mappers folder.
My Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers

This will revert all controllers back to their default settings.

Thanks.... removed mappers, clean VDJ install... After 40 minutes, VDJ stopped, VDJ will play video in player, when I load a different vid, get unknown file type... Also tried audio files only, get the same error (no controller) stand alone, reset VDJ, after playing audio files, VDJ is now frozen..... this is frustrating, VDJ has been a solid, stable, & reliable DJ application for many years..

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 10:17 pm
What files are you trying to load that come back with unknown file type?
Do they always return unknown file type or do they sometimes load?

We're going to need more information to try and troubleshoot this one.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 11:22 pm
71%