Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: stems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

am I the only one getting bursts of digital noise when playing only vocals with stems tools in vdj happens like every 10 seconds or something
in case it matters I'm using the ones on pads

cpu usage is like 2-5% so i assume that's not a issue i have a i5 8400 desktop and gtx-1060 graphics 16gb ram

here's a sample so you can hear the noise spikes -> https://www.wicked-mix.com/digitalnoise.mp3

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 7:56 pm
Not getting any farting here. I'm on an i7 though. Not tried it on a lesser machine yet.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 7:57 pm
No issues here.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 8:00 pm
weird thing its only on the right channel with or without controller connected

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 8:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@wicked, [caught your new post before I posted; controller wouldn't be any influence]

This feature is very, very track dependent, could you host the track?, I'm not saying anything will be done about it, but the devs will at least look at it.
In testing I've found for Vox some tracks hihat inclusion makes a big difference

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 8:09 pm
Sounds clean here.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 8:39 pm
Thanks,
I ran it thru my basic setup with just Vox isolated and encountered no digital glitching.
As you say it's every track, I'd say there's something "system specific" going on.
I think the devs can pull user data to narrow it down.

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:02 pm
maybe try with controller.. i guess this was on some pc soundcard that is not performing so well?

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:12 pm
i have already tried it with and without controller
same result as i stated above :-)

ahh well such is life

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:30 pm
Could you test again with setting:mathEngine to cpu then try gpu.
just fault finding thinking

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:33 pm
trided the math setting seem to work best on cpu instead of digital noise i get a small blip of bass line i guess that's better

Guess it doesn't play well with my gtx 1060

seems to be pretty similar to a feature in izotope RX which does a similar thing

Inviato Thu 18 Jun 20 @ 9:44 pm
Build 5922 still giving bursts of loud digital noise when using the GPU setting on my GTX 1060 (build 446.14 latest game ready driver)

i guess it wouldn't be such a issue if it wasn't so loud at least double the channels normal output level.

And i would also like to amend that it does this no matter what i am cutting from the track

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 7:02 pm
I'm getting it too, but only when stems are being used. It's a burst digital noise on the right channel like a trial VST thing. I too have a GTX 1060 6gb, i5 8600k and 32gb ram..all unclocked

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 7:54 pm
uvnoisePRO SubscriberMember since 2018
I am also having this issue on every track, right channel only. The noise is even visible in the waveform, so I don't think it's specific to hardware configuration.

If the stems option is turned off, the waveform display *appears* to still have the glitch, but it's no longer audible in the output.

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 8:08 pm
I'm getting this issue too.

Windows 10 with all patches
i7 proc with 6 cores
32 GB RAM
GTX 1060 with 6 GB RAM too

DDJ-SR2 controller

Occurs with pads or EQ knobs using the stem function

Makes the function unusable obviously.

Thanks.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 12:36 am
Now the noise is appearing in the left hand mixer channel independent of whether or not the stem feature is turned on at all.

zzzonedotnet wrote :
I'm getting this issue too.

Windows 10 with all patches
i7 proc with 6 cores
32 GB RAM
GTX 1060 with 6 GB RAM too

DDJ-SR2 controller

Occurs with pads or EQ knobs using the stem function

Makes the function unusable obviously.

Thanks.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 12:55 am
try setting the mathEngine in options to cpu it may help or off till there is a fix ... if will turn off the feature but its unusable anyways

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 12:58 am

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 3:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)