Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ 1000 Cross Fader Issue Virtual DJ 2021
Hello everyone. Today I finally installed the new Virtual DJ 2021 on my laptop. I am using a Pioneer ddj 1000 controller (Rekordbox version) with VDJ. As I was mixing, I noticed that the deck A song is still audible when crossing fading from deck A to deck B. I tried pulling the fader knob all the way to right (deck B), but the A deck song was still audible. Deck B to Deck A song merging had no issue. This issue was not occurring with Virtual DJ 2020. Maybe it is a bug with the new VDJ 2021. I want to know if other community members have noticed this issue. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My cross fader curve was set to scratch. I use scratch mode for my mixing.

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 3:01 am
Sounds more like a hardware issue to me. Try with two analogue sources.

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 6:05 am
With your controller connected:
1. Open VirtualDJ config
2. Click on settings icon
3. Search for 'crossfadercutlag'
You should see a setting named DDJ1000-crossfaderCutLag
It should have the default value of 0.0

4. Adjust this setting (maximum possible value is 1.0) and try your crossfader again.

Please note that this setting is controller specific and it controls the firmware option of DDJ-1000 for the cut lag point (it does the same thing RekordboxDJ does when you adjust the same setting)

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 6:33 am
Set cut lag to 1.0 and the cross fader issue was resolved. Thank you so much for your assistance!

Inviato Fri 19 Jun 20 @ 10:39 pm
user13162751 wrote :
Hello everyone. Today I finally installed the new Virtual DJ 2021 on my laptop. I am using a Pioneer ddj 1000 controller (Rekordbox version) with VDJ. As I was mixing, I noticed that the deck A song is still audible when crossing fading from deck A to deck B. I tried pulling the fader knob all the way to right (deck B), but the A deck song was still audible. Deck B to Deck A song merging had no issue. This issue was not occurring with Virtual DJ 2020. Maybe it is a bug with the new VDJ 2021. I want to know if other community members have noticed this issue. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My cross fader curve was set to scratch. I use scratch mode for my mixing.

Sounds like deck A is set to thru.

Inviato Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:39 pm
Oh wow! I didn't know about that cut lag setting, will try it out tomorrow.
I've had basically the same issue and fixed it with VDJScript kinda like
param_add -0.02 & param_multiply 1.02 & crossfader 
or something similar

Inviato Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 9:58 pm
user13162751 wrote :

I think this is a bug in VDJ 2021. The same thing happening on my Denon MCX8000, Mixars Primo, and DDJ SX2, so it can't be a hardware issue. My crossfading works fine with Serato. hope Virtual DJ can look into this cause it sucks for us that use the crossfader instead of the line faders

Inviato Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 9:15 am
I just updated my backup controller Denon MCX8000 and now I have the same issue. Any advice?

Inviato Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 6:52 pm