Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Does the GPU affect the stem audio?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just noticed that on the latest build it says " improves new EQ quality on pc with nvidia card".

What is it improving, because I would interpret that as meaning the audio quality is improved?

So my question is - with this new stems feature, can the choice of graphics card affect the audio quality of the stems?

I'm relucant to spend money on a new graphics card or better laptop, if all it does is speed up the waveform drawing when loading a track, but if it improves the results of the audio extraction I would be more likely to invest. :-)

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 7:46 pm
 Best Answer and to reply to the original question of the thread: there were a very tiny bug in the nvidia implementation, that caused the audio quality to not be as good as it was supposed to be (but honestly hard to hear so nobody noticed). we fixed it, now all implementations on all hardware will produce the exact same sound.

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 5:55 am[ selected best answer by locoDog on Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 6:04 am ]
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd read that as a bug fix/ironing out.
I'd hazard a guess that a lesser machine that takes 10 seconds to stem separate && a good machine that is fast won't make a difference to the output once the processing is done, BUT I might be wrong.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 7:52 pm
Just noticed the Macboo Pro has a Nvidia Radeon Pro 5500m but VDJ can't use it?

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 7:58 pm
@Keith my MacBook can use it.
Radeon cards are the only supported cards on MacOS since Apple blocks Nvidia drivers.
Are you getting an error message when selected GPU from the mathEngine setting?

For Windows though, Nvidia is recommended and in fact Radeon isn't supported (as I understand) under Windows.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 8:17 pm
Hi Dan,

Its running on Windows 10 if that makes a difference. When selecting GPU in VDJ it says the card cannot be used.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 8:23 pm
Ah yes. As I said currently Windows only works with Nvidia graphics cards. (I don't know the reason why ;-) )

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 8:24 pm
Cool, that explains it then. Thanks for your help!

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 8:28 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Just noticed the Macboo Pro has a Nvidia Radeon Pro 5500m but VDJ can't use it?

LOL .
Sorry , but what is a Nvidia Radeon Pro 5500m ? :-D

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 1:35 am
and to reply to the original question of the thread: there were a very tiny bug in the nvidia implementation, that caused the audio quality to not be as good as it was supposed to be (but honestly hard to hear so nobody noticed). we fixed it, now all implementations on all hardware will produce the exact same sound.

Selected as best answer Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 5:55 am
Thank you Stephane :-)

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 7:54 am
Does anyone know if GTX 1650 Ti graphics is supported?

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 5:15 pm
Please, there's no need to post the same question more than once.

Yes the NVidia GTX 16XX have been confirmed by Atomix as good.

Inviato Sun 21 Jun 20 @ 5:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)