Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 2020/2021 -- Is There A Way To Shift Loop Boundary During Music Play ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello.
I've just jumped onto the VDJ 2020-2021 bandwagon,
after resolving a weird MIDI controller issue, in the past few days
(Thanks to djdad ! )

Now, this current question refers back to the "SHIFT" knob, in the 'Loop' section of VDJ 7.x
( See here --> https://www.cloudrad.io/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Virtual-dj-7-home-edition.png )

That "SHIFT" knob, was a rotary knob, with no limits (ie no start/end value) as it spins all around.

Is there a feature like that, in VDJ 2020/2021 ?

A way to turn a knob/slider, just to move the loop section forward or backwards slightly, (while music is playing) ?

I don't need quantized or 'roll', but just a way to manipulate the 'loop boundary' ?

I'm looking for that feature, but cannot find it in VDJ 2020/2021.

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 7:53 pm
The action is loop_move
If it's used like that on an encoder then it takes the encoder value as a parameter.
This usually means that if used in an encoder it will move the loop by one whole beat

If you want shorter intervals you can use this code instead:

param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -0.25 : loop_move +0.25

You can change the 0.25 to any desired value (fraction of a beat, like 0.1) or even use a value in ms:

param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -100ms : loop_move +100ms

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 8:39 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The action is loop_move
If it's used like that on an encoder then it takes the encoder value as a parameter.
This usually means that if used in an encoder it will move the loop by one whole beat

thank you for this, PhantomDeejay :-)

PhantomDeejay wrote :

If you want shorter intervals you can use this code instead:

param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -0.25 : loop_move +0.25

You can change the 0.25 to any desired value (fraction of a beat, like 0.1) or even use a value in ms:

param_smaller 0 ? loop_move -100ms : loop_move +100ms

Ah...I figured it out now, from your guidance.

I was able to test it, on a fader, from the middle-point, ie.

param_smaller 0.5 ? loop_move -0.25 : loop_move +0.25

so, moving fader slightly up or down, would move the "loop".

the fader got very sensitive, but i guess a rotary encoder is the best for this then.

Inviato Mon 22 Jun 20 @ 10:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)