Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: from pc to mac please help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

dceeceePRO InfinityMember since 2018
ive searched and tried all the stufff can someone please help me make the i dont know what im doing wrong i just bought a 2020 mac and im swithching over ive tried what it says to do and to no avail is there no eaiser way to do this i got it to the point that if the relocate was like serato then it would auto matically find and replace the location i hate that i might have to turn back in the mac cuz it stressing me out can someone please make the intructions more clearer for the people who dont know have to program i just want to know whats done on the windows and whats done on the mac maybe that will help oh yeah i have all my music on the laptop harddrive and i want to put all of it on the mac

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 7:35 pm
First method, ... (since usually you'd use external drive to copy from mac to pc, just letting the music stay on external) :

1) Use VirtualDJ browser to copy/move the music to external drive
2) Use the VirtualDJ backup feature, to create a backup, then import at the other computer

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/toolbar.html#createbackup

Thats it ;-)

You can then connect this external drive to any computer in the world,. and instantly have your music and database available. The music AND the database exists on the external drive.

(optionally you do the process in reverse at your new computer, if you prefer keeping your music on local drive. Simply use the VDJ browser, and copy/move the music from external to local drive)

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 7:47 pm

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 7:50 pm
One side note, about the backup feature in #2 at both alternatives above

This step is perhaps optional, not striktly needed.
VirtualDJ folder ( aka /documents/virtualdj/ ) old playlists, history files, downloaded skins and addons etc. If you want to transfer this over as well, is optional choice.

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How-to-Transfer-To-A-New-Computer.html

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 7:53 pm
thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i will try all the methods you supplied

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:00 pm
dceecee wrote :
thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i will try all the methods you supplied

No prob.. ;-)

Perhaps choose one or the other, although they are quite similar. ;-)
One method is for keeping music on external, and other is more a direct "clone" from old to new (copying everything to same locations)

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:02 pm
just want to say none of them worked since im moving from pc to mac and xml not showing on the mac i did fix it and maybe this could help someone how moving from mac to pc since i moved my music folder to the desktop and on the laptop it was on the c:\ drive i went to desktop ( or where ever you stored it at ) in vdj then i picked 1 song went to tag editor wrote down the exacty location word for word then i did the find and replace on the database .xml in the my document/ vdj folder one thing i can say is dont worry about the last / when you are finding and replacing just type out exaclty as it is shown in the tag editor mines example: /user /xxxx/xxxx/ xxxx \ <----- that last dash that u see is from the playlist part my playlist dont wory about that it will show up numerious of time just write it out exaclty as it is in the tag ediitor and then push done then open up vdj and it working like before but on a mac

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:40 pm
i will rewrite it over when i get home just read it and it sounds confusing but it really isnt lol

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:42 pm
Can edit the xml file for path true. But should work without if you use VDJ backup feature i think ;-)

but sounded like you at least found an easy method for changing path manually

Inviato Sun 12 Jul 20 @ 8:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)