Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Using 2 Video Outputs Simultaneously - one Vertical, One 16:9 display

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have a late 2018 MacBook Pro with the option of connecting multiple external display screens. I have connected 2 screens and I would like the option of using 2 video outputs simultaneously but I'm only given the choice of selection one on Virtual DJ 2021. I can either select display 1, display 2 or windowed. (See image).
I cannot use an HMDI splitter as one of the connected screen is a vertical display while the other is a normal 16:9 display. (See image).
The display settings on the vertical screen is flip rotated. I can switch from one screen to the next (see images)
and the viewing is perfect but not two at the same time. If I could get the option of selecting 2 video outputs this will solve my problem. Alternatively, if I could get the option of keeping the windowed display on top this could also work as I could drag it over to the 16:9 display screen. Any advice? Any help? Please and thanks.

Ps. The vertical screen only shows the centre of the videos but I am happy with that as it is usually right next to my booth and it gives an impressive look to my videos.

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 12:30 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
so many multiple posts ^^

VDJ only output to one video device but can have many extra skin windows with video element(s)

if you want to display some other image/video Using extended desktop mode
you will need to edit skin and add a "window" element to the skin

in example:
<window name="video2" posx="0" posy="0" width="364" height="204" color="black" shown="yes">
<video class="extravideo" source="master"/>
</window>

and window position and size have to be set manually (and every time vdj restarts if it does not fits in only one display)

Mapping a button to "show_window video2" may be usefull

I use up to 8 displays (physical & virtual) with extra floating video windows as well as floating sideview and browsers with some vertical

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 12:53 am
Thanks a lot for your help. If I'm stuck I will get back to you.

Sorry about multiple post. I'm a novice to this forum

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 8:33 am
davetay71 wrote :
I'm a novice to this forum

You've been a member since 2007, and have been posting here since 2008 according to Google.

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 9:14 am
Silly Safari browser. First time I'm using it to post

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 20 @ 9:36 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)