Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: simple question with a simple answer (hopefully)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I do not want music volume to decrease when I turn on my mic. How do I disable this function?

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 3:27 pm
What type of mic is it?
It has a talk-over feature enabled then likely

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 3:55 pm
it is an MXL 770 into a MOTU M4 - definitely does NOT have a talk-over feature. My question is if there is a way to enable/disable in VDJ?

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 3:58 pm
If you're feeding the mic directly into the MOTU then the ducking is not happening in VDJ, so there's no way of disabling it in VDJ.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 4:01 pm
I guess this mic is not added to VirtualDJ sound settings, and hence its not part of VirtualDJ so to speak.
You dont turn on off the mic in VirtualDJ right?

Not sure how you turn off at your sound card directly, but perhaps it has a driver utility software where you can change settings.
Alternatively the ducking is happening elsewhere. You said you were broadcasting with shoutcast (using 3rd party app or direct from VDJ= ), audacity etc etc in other post

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 4:18 pm
Yes, the soundcard is assigned in VDJ settings for the microphone and I use VDJ to turn the mic on and off. and yes, I am broadcasting directly to Shoutcast from VDJ.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 4:59 pm
Ah OK that's different (you didn't mention it before). What skin are you using? Some skins may have script that ducks the music.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 5:03 pm

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 5:14 pm
yea, I use a default skin, no controller (radio show) and turn the mike on and off via Mixer in Performance mode. I did have a soundcard issue last night so it must be related to that. Thanks for all theinfo.

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 5:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Thu 30 Jul 20 @ 6:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)