Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Need help with VDJ Script on button

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello!

I have been trying to make a custom button do the following without me having to go into the POI editor so I can do on the fly cut versions of songs.

Set Cue (Marker only)
Set name to 'Jump'
Set type to 'Action' and the action will be 'goto_cue Land'
Set color to 'Magenta'

Here is what I have so far.. it does half of what I need it to.

======
set_cue Jump & cue_color Jump 'magenta'
======

I will make a Marker with another button to set the 'Land' part of what I am trying to do.

Thanks for any help you may have.

DJ.LJ

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 3:20 am
What is a "cut version"?

If you're setting a cue and naming it 'Jump', why is your action going to a cue called 'Land'?

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 9:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no VDJ verb to set a POI as Action. You will need to do that from POI Edfitor
All other can be done like this ..
set_cue 1 & cue_name 1 'Jump' & cue_color 1 'magenta'

Inviato Mon 03 Aug 20 @ 9:48 am
groovindj wrote :
What is a "cut version"?

If you're setting a cue and naming it 'Jump', why is your action going to a cue called 'Land'?

Cut version is like a 'snipz' or 'cut down' version of the song.

These are 'marker only'. I use the 'jump' marker/action to go to the 'land' cue automatically skipping part of the song I don't want.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 1:07 am
djdad wrote :
There is no VDJ verb to set a POI as Action. You will need to do that from POI Edfitor

Ok.. that's too bad. I came up with the following to add on bringing up the edit poi options.

set_cue Jump & cue_color Jump 'magenta' & cues_options

I left off the cue number so that it will fall in sequence automatically with the sort cues on.

Thanks for the help!

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 1:20 am
djljnitro wrote :
djdad wrote :

Ok.. that's too bad. I came up with the following to add on bringing up the edit poi options.

set_cue Jump & cue_color Jump 'magenta' & edit_poi

I left off the cue number so that it will fall in sequence automatically with the sort cues on.

Thanks for the help!

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 3:30 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
routine padpage can do this but there's a learning curve.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:55 am
Are remix points no use?

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 12:44 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@groovin, that's more or less the same workflow as apoi,

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 1:01 pm
groovindj wrote :
Are remix points no use?

Remix points I would have to manually hit the pad every time. With this method it happens automatic when song gets to my 'jump' Action point.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 6:30 pm
Automatically? You said you wanted to do "cut versions" on the fly.

If you want to do an edit of a track, the best tool for the job is an audio editing program.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 6:32 pm
locodog wrote :
routine padpage can do this but there's a learning curve.

Yes.. I saw that too. It looks like it will do things like 'flip' for serato which would have worked also. I will check it out. It may be easier once I get the hang of it.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 6:38 pm
groovindj wrote :
Automatically? You said you wanted to do "cut versions" on the fly.

If you want to do an edit of a track, the best tool for the job is an audio editing program.

Your right. I should do it manually using the pads with remix points but sometimes I get distracted by people around me and I may miss it and then there will be another 2mins onto the song. That would most likely kill the dance floor in many cases.

I could just edit with garage band or something then rename it 'CUT' I guess. I will see how this goes and decide which way to go.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 6:48 pm
I don't know if you're prepared to throw money at it, but Ableton Live with Push 2 is super easy to slice up tracks and sequence the slices.

Google will find videos of the process if you're interested.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 7:38 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)