Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loopcloud vst plugin and VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

beekanePRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hi Fellow DJs,

i use Loopcloud (VSTi) intensively with my DAW and did use it also with VDJ. But as VDJ progresses ( and so does Loopcloud) i run into issues.,

The VST plugin is loaded as a master effect. ( on the master output)

why the master effect slot?
VDJ loads vst plugins, but does not unload them, without restarting VDJ. So it is not possible to dynamically move the plugin to the deck with the master tempo. as VDJ does not unload the plugin it is not possible to load the plugin again (due to loopcloud restrictions )

the issue i notice are 2 things :

1. often VDJ will hang itself up once the plugin is activated ( when the UI is drawn and the plugin is initialized.) looks like VDJ gets stuck in the thread which loads the plugin. that thread somehow does not release itself and therefor killing the application. this is random behavior.

2. the second thing is (with newer versions of Loopcloud plugin and VDJ) that when i am recording my mix and use samples from the VSTi the end result is that the master does not record the audio of the decks but only the samples are recorded in the end result. so the master effect blocks the audio from the decks and passes the samples coming from the VSTi.

s there some wrappercode that i need, to initialize the plugin properly. what should it contain?
why is the design of VDJ in a way that unloading of modules / plugins is not possible? just curious?

i understand that creating samplepacks from my collection would be better than using loopcloud altogether.

other people who use vsts with VDJ?

thank you all

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 2:36 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
effects (including vst) are unloaded as soon as they are no more in use : effect is off, gui is closed, effect is unloaded from a slot
these 3 conditions are needed otherwhise effect is already needed for some tasks

depending on where the plugin is installed it can load everywhere or not
- in autostart, it will be master effect (and won't unload)
- in SoundEffect it will be usable as per deck effect (and master) and can unload

It sounds like you installed it in autostart folder, if it's the case, simply move it to "SoundEffect" folder
this should fix most of these issues

(note these are generic infos as i do not know anything about Loopcloud VSTi itself)

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 2:55 pm
Virtul Dj only works with VST FX not with VSTi Instruments ;-)

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 4:16 pm
Not true. VDJ was updated quite a long time ago (around three years) to allow VSTi plugins.

From the current manual: "VirtualDJ supports VST and VSTi effect plugins"

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 4:18 pm
groovindj wrote :
Not true. VDJ was updated quite a long time ago (around three years) to allow VSTi plugins.

Mmmmhh ... Thats New for me..
I will test it ;-)
But i know , only in Rewire any plugins have worked.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 4:27 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Groovindj is right, you may even somehow control them via MIDI using "miditovst_active" script verb

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 4:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Instruments do tend to take over the output though, so it is best to use them on a separate deck rather than the master output.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 4:58 pm
beekanePRO InfinityMember since 2014
Thank you all for responding. i agree that the instrument should be on a deck and not on the master. i will fiddle with the miditovst_active script verb.

Inviato Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 8:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)