Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 2021 and Beatport Link

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have been searching on the net but cant find a proper solution. Hopefully i can solve my problem here.

Working with Beatport Link Pro for months on VDJ 2020 (MacOS Catalina). Worked fine, no problems.

Lately i have 99% of the tracks not loading saying an network error after upgrading to VDJ 2021 (not saying thats the cause but it is weird). Of course i disconnected and connected Beatport Link multiple times, i cleaned the beatport cache (in the VDJ folder). I tried to load with and without stems EQ's, but in all situations i get a network error.

It cant be my internet thats ok, its not my beatport account since i can play the tunes perfectly in beatport itself.

Any one encounters the same problems? And any idea how i can solve this?

Thanks in advance, have a great day!

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 7:56 am
It could be related to Denon having just added Beatport Link to their Prime hardware. More people trying it out, and just more people using it in general due to the pandemic.

There have certainly been plenty of posts from Denon users (on the Denon DJ forum) having issues with not being able to load tracks. Various messages popping up.

I'd suggest it's problems at the Beatport end.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 8:05 am
Thanks for your reaction.

In the end i am with you that i think its at Beatport end. I have submitted a ticket there for sure.

I am not sure if its Denon since when i disconnect my Denon, and open virtual DJ just on my mac and try to load the tracks i have the same problem.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 8:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Try to remove Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins64\beatport3_vdj.bundle and remove the Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache\Beatport folder.
Then open VDJ and login again to beatport.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 9:56 am
Thanks for your message. Did what you suggested but still the "Network Error" message.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 3:13 pm
It seems to be a Beatport Link issue, IMO.

If I try to load a track in VDJ, I get the 'network error' message.

If I go to the Beatport web site, I can play the track. It's a full length preview, not a download, but it does play.

If I use my Prime 4 to access Beatport Link, trying to load the same track gives me a 'this track is missing from the server' message.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 3:32 pm
groovindj wrote :
It seems to be a Beatport Link issue, IMO.

If I try to load a track in VDJ, I get the 'network error' message.

If I go to the Beatport web site, I can play the track. It's a full length preview, not a download, but it does play.

If I use my Prime 4 to access Beatport Link, trying to load the same track gives me a 'this track is missing from the server' message.

Thanks for sharing this so i know its not just at my side. Ive been working today on it and yes it gets more and more clear its at Beatport's end. Ive submitted a ticket.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 3:44 pm
Maybe not though. As they weren't loading in VDJ or my Prime 4, I just tried Rekordbox 6, and they loaded.

I then switched back to VDJ and they load! Still not working on my Prime 4 though. Very strange.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 3:48 pm
groovindj wrote :
Maybe not though. As they weren't loading in VDJ or my Prime 4, I just tried Rekordbox 6, and they loaded.

I then switched back to VDJ and they load! Still not working on my Prime 4 though. Very strange.

Honestly not sure if its the switch from Recordbox to VDJ or any other software. Yesterday evening i had a gig and for 5 min it worked. After it didnt for days and today again not. Nevertheless i got a reply from Beatport saying that they are aware of the issue and working hard to solve it. I agree its a strange situation, sometimes yes sometimes no but the fact they tell me they are aware makes me believe its at Beatport's end.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 5:46 pm

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 9:48 am
Only tested in Windows 10.
I am sure there will be a similar process for mac.

Go to C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache (XXXXX is your user name).
Mark the Beatport folder old like this: Beatport.old and then start the Virtual DJ software.
This will create a new Beatport Link folder and tracks should now load. May be a little slow at first.

If this fails to solve your problem, you can revert back to the original Beatport folder by un-marking it .old and deleting the new folder if it was created.
Probably best to make a copy of the original Beatport folder before you start and store it on your desktop if needed. If all works out, you can delete it later.

Inviato Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 11:41 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)