Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loading music videos with stems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Is it normal for the loading of music videos with the stem uploads to cause current playing videos to buffer/freeze (similar to strobe effect)?
Does anyone else experience this or is it to do with computer memory?

Inviato Sun 16 Aug 20 @ 2:16 pm
Further to my post, similar to somebody else's issues, if I add tracks to automix or change the logo in the video options, the only way it will save the changes is by shutting down VDJ and reopening.
If I make changes and then play a track that goes over the "played" threshold (red cross through), then close VDJ afterwards, upon reopening, nothing is saved and it reopens with the same saved files that were there upon the previous time I opened VDJ.
Eg. Open VDJ once, have tracks 1,2,3 saved from last time. I remove 1,2,3 and add 4,5,6, to automix and change the logo from logo 1 to logo 2. Then I decide play a couple of tracks for a couple of minutes each, then I close VDJ and then open it again later in the day or next day, tracks 1,2,3 and logo 1 are all still saved.
The only way the changes (tracks 4,5,6 and logo 2) are saved is to immediately close VDJ after those changes without playing a track for longer than about 10 seconds.

Inviato Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 2:02 pm
Anyone?

Inviato Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 1:41 pm
I haven't deejayed since March because of Covid, just bought a 2015 macbook pro installed the latest version of VDJ and when I load a track the video already playing lags like crazy.. audio is ok, but video is horribla.. I can't do a gig like this... whats going on? Never had this problem with my other laptop or older version of VDJ

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 12:25 am
I haven't deejayed since March because of Covid, just bought a 2015 macbook pro installed the latest version of VDJ and when I load a track the video already playing lags like crazy.. audio is ok, but video is horribla.. I can't do a gig like this... whats going on? Never had this problem with my other laptop or older version of VDJ

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 12:25 am
I was just playing around and went into performane and switched engine from GPU to CPU and the video doesn't lag anymore.

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 12:47 am
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm using a Mac from 2012 (bootcamped Win8.1) and my video doesn't lag or skip frames. My video card is too old to calculate stems, so I have stem files saved to my HDD.

Recording mp4 while I'm djing will cause some dropouts/frame stuttering during a video mix however. Seems I need to upgrade soon. I'm pretty impressed for an 8 year old laptop though.

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 20 @ 12:54 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to enable useLowPowerGPU so that video is done by your integrated graphics, and stems by your discrete gpu.
Alternatively, you could try to set mathEngine to cpu, although this will cause stems to be loaded much slower.

Inviato Sat 29 Aug 20 @ 12:57 pm
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Adion wrote :
Alternatively, you could try to set mathEngine to cpu, although this will cause stems to be loaded much slower.

Actually, this might help take stress off the GPU so that video mixing will be smoother for the OP.

Inviato Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 5:53 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)