Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skins that can hide the BPM

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys, i'm currently trying to train for DJ situations where i don't have BPM, keys, quantization etc. Things that might be missing on an older Pioneer club setup, or maybe i didn't run my music through Rekordbox for the CDJs etc.
So i've already disabled the BPMs on my DDJ-1000 by assigning 'constant 0' to the relevant mappings and tweaked some other settings. I also enlarged the browser view in VDJ so i don't see the zoomed in, very helpful audio waveforms.
BUT i can still see the BPMs and i can't help myself! And as you know these BPMs are not the original BPMs of the songs, but the current one, dependent on the pitch fader position, which i would really like to hide.
I read in another thread about skins where this is possible, but i don't know of any and to be honest, i like the current VDJ 2021 skin in darker mode by far the most. So are there any similar skins, or maybe even just a default skin modification that let me hide the BPM? Something like a training mode skin?
Also if you got any other tips for training and how to 'handicap' yourself more i'd love to hear about it! =)

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 11:23 am
You can edit every skin and remove the BPM display

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 12:40 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
You can edit every skin and remove the BPM display

I know. I could also code my own DJing software, but like many things, that's work, and maybe someone has already done that work =)

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 6:25 pm
What skin do you prefer? Performance?

Grüße...

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 8:39 pm
I think the easiest thing to do is maybe add a vector box over the BPM location (similar to sticking tape over it).

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:23 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
What skin do you prefer? Performance?

Grüße...

Yes. I most often use Performance, sometimes with the browser view enlarged so that i don't look at my laptop as often.

Grüße zurück ^^

Inviato Sun 23 Aug 20 @ 9:31 pm
1) Select Skin Perfomance
2) Click to Edit this skin

3) Open performance.xml with a good text editor (notepad++ is a good one)
4) Search this line and delete it (in my case its line #2548):
<text fontsize="22" color="textdarker" align="right" weight="bold" action="get_bpm 'absolute' & param_cast '0.00'"/>

5) Search this line and delete it (in my case its line #2822):
<text fontsize="22" color="textdarker" align="left" weight="bold" action="get_bpm 'absolute' & param_cast '0.00'"/>

6) Save it and reload the skin

fertig... :c)

Inviato Mon 24 Aug 20 @ 1:19 am
VDJ Monty wrote :
1) Select Skin Perfomance
4) Search this line and delete it (in my case its line #2548):
<text fontsize="22" color="textdarker" align="right" weight="bold" action="get_bpm 'absolute' & param_cast '0.00'"/>

5) Search this line and delete it (in my case its line #2822):
<text fontsize="22" color="textdarker" align="left" weight="bold" action="get_bpm 'absolute' & param_cast '0.00'"/>

6) Save it and reload the skin

fertig... :c)

Those lines didn't hide the BPMs for me, i had to dig a lot more in order to find those, but i managed to do it. I actually kinda went bezerk and reduced the XML from ~7k to ~3k lines by pulling out all the stuff i don't need anyway or that i don't want to see for my 'training mode'.
This also included me removing BPMs from my DDJ-1000 (since you can't hide them, i set them to 0) and removing the 4-beat auto-loop mapping, since that won't be available on, for example, a CDJ-2000 without Rekordbox analyzed tracks.
I think this could turn out to be a great minimalistic training setup for DJs who want to harden themselves for situations where they have old gear or no fancy features or no analyzed tracks. I'll eventually publish some stuff, probably make a video about it or something when i fixed some of the skin dimensions.

Thanks for the help guys!

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 8:56 pm
Just download Vectro skin and select "Old School" layout...
Instant training magic!!! :P

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 10:47 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Just download Vectro skin and select "Old School" layout...
Instant training magic!!! :P

That's neat, but i'm looking for something even more minimalistic like this:

It's WIP (gotta fix the blank spaces) but already works very well for me. Browser is zoomed, i didn't remove the waveforms (i might do that)

Inviato Fri 28 Aug 20 @ 10:06 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)