Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beatlock on Rane Twelve MKII
I just purchased the Rane Twelve MKII and I can't use the beatlock function like I normally would on a controller. The timecode/torque is pulling the song before I scratch or attempt to beat match. On a controller, the cue point don't move until I let it go and matches perfectly with the song. The Rane is slowly dragging the song trying to beat match before I let it go. It's like a pitbull pulling you on a leash and you are trying to hold it back. Is this a bug fix or do all turntables do that?

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 6:13 am
From you final sentence, I assume this is your first experience with a motorized platter, and that you've never used a turntable - correct?

What you're feeling is perfectly normal. When it's on, the platter rotates, taking the vinyl with it. When you grab the vinyl, the platter continues rotating underneath.

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 9:00 am
All turntables do this. If you think it's bad with the Rane or high end TT's, try mixing with a turntable with low torque or an old school belt drive TT. LMAO...man, those were the days.....

Inviato Wed 26 Aug 20 @ 12:15 pm
groovindj wrote :
From you final sentence, I assume this is your first experience with a motorized platter, and that you've never used a turntable - correct?

What you're feeling is perfectly normal. When it's on, the platter rotates, taking the vinyl with it. When you grab the vinyl, the platter continues rotating underneath.

Correct. So I guess I gotta stop using the beat lock feature or sale the Ranes huh? Maybe there is a setting I can change that will allow me to use it like I normally would? This is all bad for me because I am nice with that beat lock feature LOL.

Inviato Thu 27 Aug 20 @ 12:40 am
MakuzzPRO InfinityMember since 2015
Did you ever get this resolved? I have the exact same issue with dvs and phase remotes.

Inviato Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 8:34 pm
Yes. I sold them.

Inviato Wed 07 Jul 21 @ 8:31 pm