Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX - Effects getting stuck, both decks effects triggering, etc.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ResnauvHome userMember since 2020
When I trigger the effects in Virtual DJ, before any effects have been triggered everything is fine but after I've triggered any effect one time, the effects will turn on when I select them rather than waiting for me to use the effects paddle. They can only be turned off by using the FX Select momentary on and letting go of it. Also after having used FX on both selecting the effect will trigger the effect on both decks every time. Tested this for a day with Serato and didn't have the same issue, but as soon as I use Virtual DJ it happens again. Please help! I want to use VDJ so bad.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 4:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Change
deck all effect_select_toggle 'WHATEVERFXNAME'
to
deck all effect_select 'WHATEVERFXNAME'

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 5:34 am
I think that fixed it! I did notice I have to reenable hold or the momentary on after every effect selection though. Is there a way to have the paddles to keep the effects on even when I toggle effects?

Going to spin for a bit and will update if any other issues. Thank you!

locodog wrote :
Change
deck all effect_select_toggle 'WHATEVERFXNAME'
to
deck all effect_select 'WHATEVERFXNAME'

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 6:20 am
that's what effect_select_toggle does,
you're going to have to restate the initial issue, because I'm not following what you're after.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 6:41 am
The original issue was that the effects would come on on selection for both decks even without using the FX hold or on paddles. The paddles would have to be turned on and off (either hold or momentary) to disable the effects for both decks. This issue was corrected by the fix you gave.

The new issue is that when I turn on an effect with the FX paddle and keep the paddle on, if I select a different effect it cuts off the effects and I have to turn off the paddle and turn it back on to enable the effect again. The normal function for this in Serato is that you turn on the effect and as long as the paddle is on you can swap between effects without disabling the paddle.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 7:47 am
well I could give you a script but the truth is it would only do what effect_select_toggle is supposed to do, so there sounds like there's something at issue.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 10:38 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
effect_select_toggle should indeed already enable the new effect if the previous effect was enabled

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 10:57 am
I'm just not seeing the issue with my testing, but for the sake of testing try this on your fx select buttons.
this is a "see what happens" type of check because in theory effect_select_toggle does exactly this [as best as I can presume]
...pondering is "deck all" seeing something it shouldn't?
this might tell us something, it might not.

deck left effect_active 1 ? effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & effect_active 1 on & deck right effect_active 1 ? effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & effect_active 1 on : effect_select 1 "FXNAME" : deck left effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & deck right effect_active 1 ? effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & effect_active 1 on : effect_select 1 "FXNAME"

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 11:55 am
I am finding 1 thing strange

if I have effect_active "echo" on, [any slot except 1, including out of slot]
whilst effect_active 1 off, is true
and I call effect_select_toggle 1 'echo'

the result is effect_active 1 echo on, and I'd expect it to be off given the script description.
but not sure it applies to the initial problem.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 12:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user22590276 wrote :
The original issue was that the effects would come on on selection for both decks even without using the FX hold or on paddles. The paddles would have to be turned on and off (either hold or momentary) to disable the effects for both decks. This issue was corrected by the fix you gave.

The default mapping of Platinum FX is using effect_select_toggle action (the one u call "fix"), but i think this was added recently, so your Custom mapping may not have this. Please try again with the factory default mapping, at least not when selecting the Effect from the 6 FX buttons on the controller.

user22590276 wrote :
The new issue is that when I turn on an effect with the FX paddle and keep the paddle on, if I select a different effect it cuts off the effects and I have to turn off the paddle and turn it back on to enable the effect again.

Can't reproduce this. Please try with the factory default Mapping.

EDIT. OK, managed to reproduce, We will investigate further.

user22590276 wrote :
The normal function for this in Serato is that you turn on the effect and as long as the paddle is on you can swap between effects without disabling the paddle.
This is exactly what is happening with the factory default mapping in VirtualDJ.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 3:16 pm
I'm going to make a video showing the issues as it's getting difficult for me to explain. Thank you for looking into this, I'll have a video link here soon.

Inviato Fri 04 Sep 20 @ 11:40 pm
Okay, here's the link to the video. I apologize in advance for the length of it (~6 mins) but it shows the effects issue with the factory default settings and halfway through I show the issue stated about using effect_select rather than effect_select_toggle. There's also another issue I noticed during the video in that Reverb actually stays on if I switch while the effects are toggled on. Another effect won't come on though, and if I re-enable the paddle Reverb is still on plus whatever other effect I triggered.

Here's the link:
https://youtu.be/D7LQ9dBMr7I

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 12:54 am
Intermittent - the worst kind of bug to find.
does this work out, [just curious now]
locodog wrote :
deck left effect_active 1 ? effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & effect_active 1 on & deck right effect_active 1 ? effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & effect_active 1 on : effect_select 1 "FXNAME" : deck left effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & deck right effect_active 1 ? effect_select 1 "FXNAME" & effect_active 1 on : effect_select 1 "FXNAME"

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 2:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As posted earlier, we were able to reproduce and found that has to do with FXs with trail like Echo, Reverb etc.
Will be fixed in future update

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 2:56 am
Thanks djdad!

locodog, I don't know how to use the code/script you sent. Where would I put that?

Again, thank you all for looking into this.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 2:58 am
it replaces your [6] fx select buttons.
I get what djdad was saying and it leads me to believe the above script should do the job until a developer fix is published.

Inviato Sat 05 Sep 20 @ 3:11 am
locodog wrote :
it replaces your [6] fx select buttons.
I get what djdad was saying and it leads me to believe the above script should do the job until a developer fix is published.

So I would plug this in for the mapping for each effect and replace the FX name with the appropriate name?
Trying this on a different mapping to see.

Inviato Sun 06 Sep 20 @ 7:19 pm
locodog, I just tried the script you sent and it seems like it works for everything except reverb. Once I use reverb it stays on despite a different effect being selected and then when I let the switch return to the off position it keeps every effect on after reverb is selected again (with paddlein the off position).

Inviato Sun 06 Sep 20 @ 7:27 pm
might be a typo on your end, but a developers fix is on the cards.

Inviato Sun 06 Sep 20 @ 9:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)