Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ and MyDMX 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So I have been using My DMX for quite some time, and I just discovered that VDJ 2021 has DMX capability. Is it compatible with My DMX, and if so, how?

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 2:37 am
wtheurer wrote :
So I have been using My DMX for quite some time, and I just discovered that VDJ 2021 has DMX capability. Is it compatible with My DMX, and if so, how?

Anyone?

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 7:49 pm
Give people a chance - it's been less than a day!

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 8:12 pm
groovindj wrote :
Give people a chance - it's been less than a day!

Sorry @groovindj. I just usually see answers much sooner.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 8:20 pm
If your MyDMX License supports Midi, you can send some midi signals to MyDMX to trigger some scenes. You need to generate a new Midi controller definition at VDJ to be able to send out Midi to another software. Then you can trigger it with the 8 hot pads or with custom buttons.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 9:18 pm
VDJ Monty wrote :
If your MyDMX License supports Midi, you can send some midi signals to MyDMX to trigger some scenes. You need to generate a new Midi controller definition at VDJ to be able to send out Midi to another software. Then you can trigger it with the 8 hot pads or with custom buttons.

Excellent!!! Are the instructions on how to do that in a wiki somewhere, Monty? I have had a hard time finding the online documentation for VDJ 2021.

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 10:47 pm
MyDMX is not really compatible with anything - they have chosen to make it a closed system
But you can use it with a midi controller, and tell VDJ to ignore the controller
And you can get it to get the BPM count for an external source, like from VDJ
I did a video on it once:

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 11:33 am
VDJ Monty wrote :

Do I have to have a separate MIDI controller, or can I just go directly to MyDMX using the 3.0 USB box? I have specific scenes setup in MyDMX, that I would like to use VDJ to trigger. Not necessarily BPM synced or anything, I just want to be able to choose the scene using VDJ and it play in MyDMX. Hope that makes sense.

Inviato Sat 26 Sep 20 @ 6:08 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)