Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Tag

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello,
in Remote Skin "Performance Pad" I see the use of tag "<Pages>" and "<Page>": can someone explain the syntax of it, or where I can found it on VDJ site ?
Thank You in advance

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 10:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
NOTHING OFFICIAL, just what i think to have discover while creating a skin reader plugin... and how i can explain it not clearly...

<Page> & <Pages> are mostly used in remote skins to open different full pages defined in another xml file of the skin
only one page will display at a time; pages in a remote skin will replace eachother in the same skin
something in the style of layouts with main skins (in more stable) or as for <Stack> or <Rack> when used only with "rack_solo" or <Panel> in <Group>
these are not alternative skins, only alternative ones

both <Page> & <Pages> are used mainly in remote and controllers skins

<Pages>is mainly used in the pages.xml in one skin; It contains all the id and names of alternative <Page> used by the skin
there are no parameters
it use one child <Page> per alternative pages with only x (the index) and y (unknown) parameters and the boddy is the "pagename"
which refer to external skin definition files : pagename.xml and image pagename.bmp or pagename.jpg or pagename.png
in the style of how <menu> uses <item> or <multibutton> uses <choice>

pages.xml is taken by default layout of the skin when present and will show first page ( the one with index x="1" - or maybe the first declared one )

in the skin pagename.xml file of a page definition itself :
<Page> is the "button" to toggle (switch skin) to the another page; to be use in the skin page definition

parameters are x="" the index of the page to toggle y="" is unknown, maybe the id of something
must have child <Pos> to specify its position on the screen and <Size>

Inviato Thu 24 Sep 20 @ 10:15 pm
Some of this information I already tryed to using it on a new Remote Skin that I'm writing for my new VDJ skin, and it work; I see that tag <page> it's like a <button>, that activate the "x" page specified; I'm searching how to define the "Text" inside this "button" (<page>), because the syntax "Text" (like <button>) does not work.
Nicotux, thank You for interesting.

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 6:57 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
i think 3 or up to 5 different skin engines are in use in VDJ
- remoteskins one is the older one (only basic things from v7 or early v8 are implemented)
- videoskins more recent one, some v8.3 things are working, some still work as in v7)
- main skin engine with most recent additions not implemented in the 2 other, and some extra features the other ones can't do

last one being controllers skin engine with specific functions needed for its specific use
some different restrictions apply to plugin skins too

<page> indeed does not seem to implement anything else but image display and size and position
action is hardcoded to "switch to page x" and no children can be used (no rightclick, dblclick, on, up down, selected over icon... and text)

but this is not a really big issue, just overdraw a transparent button with text and no action or action="nothing" with clickthrough="yes" parameter (or an action and a clickthrough="pass")

note as i say, i was testing using a skin reader plugin ... this make real differences difficult to detect as it runs the remote/controller/video skins within the plugin skin
close to videoskin but with some additions from main and restrictions from remote. <page> is not implemented in main & plugin as far as i tested and does nothing to do within a videoskin (not active skin). it looks like controllers may have it ... needs confirmation
only what is not working the same and what was missing can be detected,

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 10:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Main skin, video skin, controller skin and plugin skin all use the same engine (with perhaps some restrictions in use)
The remote is indeed separate and mostly based on the v7 remote skins.

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 10:28 am
Ok I understand.
Thank You Nicotux and Adion for interesting.

Inviato Fri 25 Sep 20 @ 12:55 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)