Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Buying Music - The Best (Cheapest) Place

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everyone!
I have recently bought DJ Mix Station 2 just to check the software out i will probibally upgrade to VDJ within the next week!
Anyway!!:
I was wondering if there is any secret shops (online) where you guys get ya CD's from (Thinkin ya dont d'load songs off the net!!) I am currently studyin at Leeds Met so am welcome to venture out to any shops in Leeds!!
I usually play House and some Trance and therefore are looking for the Extended mixes or Remixes!
Thanks in advance
Rob Williams

Inviato Fri 07 Nov 03 @ 3:45 pm
if you buy it email me.....i have a few *ahem* sources for what YOU seek, young jedi :)

(you will be able to see my address if/when you buy it)

Inviato Sat 08 Nov 03 @ 1:06 am
www.gemm.com
www.secondspin.com

>(:o)

Inviato Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 4:26 am
cacanelPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you can buy it from me. i own almost 40GB of house music. including live sets. or you can go to www.clubmusic.com

Inviato Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 3:40 pm
why buy music when u can download it.. goto www.WinMX.com and download the new'st version and get downloading..

Inviato Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 8:13 pm
why buy music?

because it supports the producers who work hard to get their shit released.

that's why.

Inviato Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 8:49 pm
Exactly, I don’t think you work DJ for free just because you download a free music on Internet.

If you have a minimum of respect for the author, you pay for his work same as you are paid for your work!

Coyote

Inviato Mon 10 Nov 03 @ 9:37 pm
Yea but lets be honest here, who would pay for music when u can download it for free off p2p apps like kazaa, soulseek, edonkey/overnet ect..

Inviato Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 2:25 pm
I must admit using those service is tempting. But in the US it is a crime and the Record company is going ape looking for violators. Have anybody heard about the little girl who had to pay $2,000 to the Record industry (Her parents paid).

These guys are no joke. They are not playing around, they are going for broke. They will spend crazy amounts of money just to get a few shillings back. (Go figure).

Warning: If you play with fire be prepaired to get burned. And burned very badly.

Inviato Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 9:49 pm
I buy fom iTunes, rip to CDR then rip back to mp3
I also keep PRINTED copies of the reciepts!

need an M4P to MP3 converter!

Inviato Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 3:10 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I do the same - only problem is you can't convert the protected MP4 to MP3 so you have to rip as described.

Let's hope they find a way to allow us to play legally bought MP4's on Atomix or VDJ.

Cheers,

Jack.

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 4:13 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi guys,

I 100% agree with buying your music legally. There are loads of properly decent mp3 DJ sites available now with excellent catalogues. These are full length single versions too with long intros and outros and only cost between 50p and £1.50 per track.

I personally use the following site:

www.audiojelly.com
www.trackitdown.net
www.beatport.com
www.trax2burn.com
www.djdownload.com

There are also others but these cater well for the European market.

All of these sites encode at either 192kbps or 320kbps so the quality is far higher than even i-Tunes. In addition, these are mp3 sites, not some proprierty format so work beautifully in VDJ.

Finally, I have in the past been forced to download some tracks on p2p networks for songs I really wanted to bolster my set but couldn't buy legally. However, it is so much grief getting the right song, getting decent quality and the proper version it actually isn't worth it. In addition, I've found that some tracks downloaded on p2p networks just don't work properly or even cause VDJ to crash. Stick with the professionally mastered legal mp3s. If you can't afford the music, don't DJ. Same goes for the software too.

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 6:21 pm
www.cdpool.co.uk .... I get cds through the post but You can d/load from site also.

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 7:22 pm
Guys, those in the USA, please post your sources...

Killabee44

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 8:59 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Just read about this today--if anyone has/is/will be trying this service, let me know how it works for you:

"GoFish Technologies Inc. has created an index of 14 million downloadable digital media files that range from audio and video to games and mobile ring tones. Acting like a clearinghouse for digital media, GoFish goes beyond displaying Web links by also providing lists of options where searchers can legally download media."

Full article at:
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1760477,00.asp?kc=ewnws020705dtx1k0000599

Search engine at:
http://www.gofish.com

Inviato Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 8:16 pm
Can anyone please confirm that burning an iTunes m4p to cd, ripping the wav, and converting it to mp3, results indeed in:

a. removal of the m4p protection (so the mp3 can be played in VDJ);
b. still good audio quality, despite re-encoding?

thnaks,
arie

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 9:24 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, I've done it many times. Audio Quality is fine and it plays in VDJ once you convert to MP3 upon ripping. Pain in the arse though.

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 4:14 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I still think the BEST way is to subscribe to a couple promo only's, and Funkymix, and ultimix, then 3-4 times a month when you get the CD's, you get to rip them yourself.
Of course, you still have to visit the local music store once or twice a month to fill in a bit, but you still get to rip them yourself!!!

Never a quality issue with an MP3 that I ripped myself.

Inviato Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 7:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)