Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help with Pad Page Menu

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Grok32Home userMember since 2019
The drop down I was using for pad pages quit working a while back so I am now using pad_page_select.
This has a list of 4 pages at the top under keyboard. Similar to this pic from the manual.

https://www.virtualdj.com/img/316925/94133/ControllerPadPage.png

I don't use these and it causes my list to scroll off the screen. Is it possible to remove these 4 lines at the top?

Inviato Tue 20 Oct 20 @ 9:17 pm
Fixed. I will post this in case it may help someone else. I was using "pad_page_favorite_select 1" in a pad button to select pad pages and it suddenly quit working. By accident, I found that if I deleted the code and replaced it, it started working again. I have this problem occasionally with filter folders but this was the first time it happened with a pad button. I have no idea what could be causing it. Restating VDJ or rebooting the computer doesn't help but simply deleting and re-inserting the code fixes it.

Inviato Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 10:31 pm
could perhaps just a syntax error... such as forgetting a space. Hard to say.

Inviato Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 10:41 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes that's happening sometime, i saw that many times
saving edited pad page (even untouched) alter the original script in some case with
- often shuffle lines
- some extra/missing spaces and spurious linefeeds or missing chars in some case, specially with menu

most of the time that does not hurt or menu display is modified a bad way

sometimes due to the buggy editor which add controls chars with a paste (and display half lines...and loose focus...)

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 9:13 am
I suspected an errant character and checked for this both by editing the code in notepad++ with "show all" option set. I also carefully re-typed the code. Maybe the error is in some other area of my skin xml and just showing up here. I suspect it is happening after an edit of the skin xml file. But I am not sure. One thing I have noticed is that with the filter folders, it only occurs with the folders that I have moved outside of the main "filters" folder.

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 2:15 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I just notice saving from pad editor there are missing "cr" at end of some lines (from Windows, saving cr+lf only 'lf' stays - as a Mac eol)
after some investigations : button editor does the same, map editor is not affected;
with filter folder it occurs with edited folders too;
what is strange is ... it does not occurs everytime, some condition are needed for this to occurs

however sometimes randomly these lines are missing

pad page menu is have a specific issue, edited pads do not keep correct menu line position (often spaces are added making menu look buggy )

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 3:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)