Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Many songs make a scratching noise intermittently.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hoping someone knows whats happening. Throughout the night the system will make a "scratching" noise similar to the sound when a record on a record player would be stopped. The "scratch/static" only happens for a brief moment and then the song continues to play. I replaced all my amps thinking that it could be something to do with them but it still does so so it comes down to Virtual DJ. Anyone have this type of issue and know what I could try to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Inviato Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 2:32 am
More info needed. Are you using a controller or external audio interface? If so, please state make and model.

Inviato Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 8:07 am
miamibodyshopdj wrote :
Hoping someone knows whats happening. Throughout the night the system will make a "scratching" noise similar to the sound when a record on a record player would be stopped. The "scratch/static" only happens for a brief moment and then the song continues to play. I replaced all my amps thinking that it could be something to do with them but it still does so so it comes down to Virtual DJ. Anyone have this type of issue and know what I could try to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Depends a bit how the "static" sound is sounding.. could be ground loop / electricity / power surge.
Could be bad cables, connections, or ground.
The above being more of a "elminination method" by trial and error to try find the source.

A more common and typical thing is that the audio buffer runs dry. That usually sounds a bit more like a crackle/drop out/distortion (perhaps less as a static).
The fix for this is usually just setting a higher buffer for the audio driver.
On Windows you can often just set the buffer at the driver utility program, asio settings. Set the latency to 256 or 512 samples.
In macOs, you can do same inside VirtualDJ, find latency in settings, and set to 256, or 512.
See if that helps

Inviato Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 2:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)