Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Better handling of the load warning prompt when track stops

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When i have a track playing on master and i'm trying to load a new track, VDJ asks me if i'm sure if i wanna load that track.
That's a great feature, and in most cases when i'm just playing around it's also not annoying because i can just press load again to confirm my action.
However, when i get the prompt and the track stops right before i can hit the load button again, the track will load, but the prompt won't go away.
This happens to me regularly for some reason and it's a bit annoying because i need to use the touchpad to get rid of it.

A simple fix would be to just remove the prompt whenever a track is loaded, but this might cause some annoyances when preparing more than one deck, assuming a track was loaded (not looking at the screen) and wondering why it didn't when you come back to the deck (since the prompt is gone and you don't know why it didn't load the track).

I think a robust fix for this would be to save the number of the deck where this prompt originated from and to automatically remove the prompt if a song is loaded to that deck.
This is a very nit-picky request, but it would simply add to VDJ's polish and i think we'd all appreciate that :D

Let me know what you think.
Regards, Function =)

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 9:40 pm
can set LoadSecurity to off

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 9:55 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
can set LoadSecurity to off

I know, but i'd like to keep the load security, it should "resolve itself" when loading a track to the deck that made the prompt show up =)

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 10:06 pm
You want load security on so that you can press load twice to bypass? ok :)

Perhaps just make some logic at your button, such as if song is playing, needing a double click to load, or a long press.
In its simples form something along : play ? doubleclick ? load : nothing : load

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 10:16 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
You want load security on so that you can press load twice to bypass? ok :)

Perhaps just make some logic at your button, such as if song is playing, needing a double click to load, or a long press.
In its simples form something along : play ? doubleclick ? load : nothing : load

Doubleclick doesn't work because in these situations i don't know beforehand that the track is still active on master and therefore protected. It always takes me a blink to realize and then the track might have already stopped, making me unable to get rid of the prompt via the controller. Also this workaround would make me give up instant doubles =/
I don't think there's a good work around for a problem that has a defined solution, it's just that someone would have to put in the work to program it.
I'd do it myself, you know, but i can't ;)

Inviato Sat 24 Oct 20 @ 11:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Warning used as "pre-loaded"
load track and self close the warning dialog as soon as the playing track stops
Good idea

Would be fine the warning to work even when VDJ says "not audible" because in many case when low level is required (< 10% of great power available for later) it just doesn't open and the track loads anyway when 400w only are used ;(
or get a way to fix the "not audible" limit

Inviato Sun 25 Oct 20 @ 12:49 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)