Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can’t set up my Hercules DJ control mp3 e2
I am having trouble setting up my Hercules DJ control mp3 e2 with DJV. I don’t know what the problem is, if it’s I need new decks because the decks to old or using a new Mac with them ???
When I open the DJ software it works fine with my Mac but trying to get the decks working just don’t work and I have tried linking them and on settings but the decks don’t come up on the drop down box when clicking mixers on settings?
So I go to Hercules website to download the software for the decks but when trying to , I get a notification on my Mac saying “this software is to old and contact the developers “.
What does this mean ??? My decks to old ?? Mac to new to use with old decks ??
Love to get some help with this guys thank you

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 4:31 pm

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 4:47 pm
thank you so much for replying and I have tried that software but this comes up on my Mac “DJSeriesInstall_6_18s.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. what does this mean ? Rune (dj-in-norway)

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 5:37 pm
ah now I understand.
The installer is not properly signed for modern macOS.
So the default security setting blocks the installer.

Change the security settings at your mac, so you can run that installer (you can change back after...)
Set to allow "App Store AND identified developers", and the after that, open again, and click "open anyways" at the warning if needed.
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202491

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 5:50 pm
thank you so much it works !!!!!!! you legend !!!!

Inviato Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 6:27 pm
garethHome userMember since 2020
I have a Hercules MK4 with the new drivers installed however when I play a song the virtual DJ runs very slow and the song stutters or freezers but only when I choose the Hercules MK4 as the output sound.

Do you know what the issue could be ?

Running virtual DJ 2020 free trial.
MacBook Pro 2014

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 1:22 pm
user21712152 wrote :
I have a Hercules MK4 with the new drivers installed however when I play a song the virtual DJ runs very slow and the song stutters or freezers but only when I choose the Hercules MK4 as the output sound.

Do you know what the issue could be ?

Probably better if you start your own topic next time, since this topic was about a different controller ;-)

Anyways, might just be wrong sound settings..
Make sure its set to master + speakers

The driver might not be compatible with Windows 10 and usb3 ports.
Try on a usb2 port instead. See warning here : https://support.hercules.com/en/product/djconsolemk4-en/

And can try set the asio buffer higher at the Hercules settings
Try set the asio buffer to 256 or 512... even 1024 if needed

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 20 @ 2:22 pm
i have hrcules dj controler mp3 e2 how to connect to virtula dj

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 11:41 am