Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Intermittent DDJ-400 output cue audio issues on mac
Issue Description:
The audio coming to the cue from my DDJ-400 sometimes sounds very weird, possibly like it's lowest quality ever possible. My usual workaround is that I start up VDJ, then I connect the DDJ-400, then I go to audio settings and click on Apply before starting to play music.

If I start playing music without this exact startup sequence, the audio doesn't work properly. If I do this sequence after starting music, it doesn't work, might even have to restart computer.

Computer, build, etc:
2018 Macbook Pro
v8.5 b6156 (Haven't confirmed on this build but the 2 builds immediately prior to his had the issue)

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 20 @ 1:50 am
Try set a little audio buffer in settings.
Set latency to 256, in VirtualDJ settings.

Works better then?

Inviato Tue 10 Nov 20 @ 2:57 pm
Nope :( still need to follow an exact routine or else it doesn't work

Inviato Mon 08 Mar 21 @ 11:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
With the DDJ-400 connected (and without VDJ running), open Audio Midi Setup on your Mac and select the builtin sound card of your Mac as default playback device instead of the DDJ-400. I believe this will be remembered next time you connect the DDJ-400.
Then try again with VirtualDJ, and see if it matters if the DDJ-400 is connected before or after starting VirtualDJ

Inviato Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 12:54 am
Super late reply, but the midi tip is definitely the solution. Referred to this post a couple on and off since you've posted and it's always worked.

Inviato Sat 16 Apr 22 @ 12:42 am