Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ CRASH

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've been having this problem for over two months now. First, it was the songs skipping and jumping. So I clean my computer from any dust and raise latency from 4.3msec to 23.2msec. But it was still skipping and jumping. So I called DELL to check the hardware. The hardware came back fine but their still replace my motherboard. Evening though with the replacement of the motherboard, I'm still having the same problems but now the software crashing. So we reinstall the operating software and only added the Virtual DJ software to it and it still crashes. I don't know what to do now. I'm currently using version V8.5-64 B6156. I have also updated to the early access and still CRASHES!!!

My Computer Info
DELL PRECISION 5520
Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core 2.80GHz
Windows™ 7 Pro (64-bit)
32GB DDR4 2400MHz
NVIDIA Quadro M1200 with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated memory Intel® Pro Graphics 630
Solid State Drive (SSD): 256GB
Hard Disk Drive (HDD): 2.5” 2TB 2.5” 5400RPM SATA 6Gb/s

Please, please, please people!!! don't respond with just get a MAC unless your willing to provide one to me. This is a serious inquiry. No time for the childish game.

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 1:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Did you clear out the dell "helper" [junk] software when you flattened your machine? just a known common issue, one of the devs with access to your usage stats might be able to give you a clue on what the crash might be.

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 10:04 am
Yes, all dell programs were removed.

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 3:33 pm
Not seeing any crash logged, so might be hard to guess without more info.

Are you doing something in particular when it happens?
What if you set stems to CPU? (or disable, but setting math engine to disabled)

And some general tips

The graphic card being a bit low end perhaps.
And try set Nvidia Control Panel to the 3D App Visual
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/latest-quadro-drivers-causing-trouble/54735/6

As far as Dell goes, there been some laptop models that have had a lot of issues. Disabling some of the background Dell processes seems to help some.
https://www.dell.com/community/Precision-Mobile-Workstations/Dell-Precision-5530-ociasionaly-hanging-freezing/td-p/6233832
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Precision-5520-random-shutdown/td-p/6079133

And make sure to update all drivers from Nvidia, Dell and Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/precision-15-5520-laptop/drivers
(Even contains an Important update november 20th 2020)
etc

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 4:09 pm
So I have done all the updates and still having issues...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CONCLUSION
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:33:58 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name: DJKNIGHTRIN868
OS version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 2009, build: 19042 (x64)
Hardware: Precision 5520, Dell Inc.
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Logical processors: 8
Processor groups: 1
RAM: 32619 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed: 2808 MHz

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 3565.60
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 3.820894

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 3557.80
Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.196675

REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 166.199074
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.001876
Driver with highest ISR total time: ACPI.sys - ACPI Driver for NT, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.002506

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 14093
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-1000 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 6997.576211
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.007402
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.034854

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 527245
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-10000 µs): 1945
DPC count (execution time 1000-2000 µs): 123
DPC count (execution time 2000-4000 µs): 54
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 5

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS
Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

NOTE: some processes were hit by hard pagefaults. If these were programs producing audio, they are likely to interrupt the audio stream resulting in dropouts, clicks and pops. Check the Processes tab to see which programs were hit.

Process with highest pagefault count: bdservicehost.exe

Total number of hard pagefaults 12739
Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 1699
Number of processes hit: 59

PER CPU DATA
CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 19.688094
CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 166.199074
CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0.407631
CPU 0 ISR count: 14077
CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 6997.576211
CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 3.934171
CPU 0 DPC count: 303451
CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 10.383182
CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 87.967949
CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0.001010
CPU 1 ISR count: 16
CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 506.586895
CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0.238771
CPU 1 DPC count: 26975
CPU 2 Interrupt cycle time (s): 8.257046
CPU 2 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 2 ISR count: 0
CPU 2 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1991.081909
CPU 2 DPC total execution time (s): 0.395022
CPU 2 DPC count: 53448
CPU 3 Interrupt cycle time (s): 10.207066
CPU 3 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 3 ISR count: 0
CPU 3 DPC highest execution time (µs): 630.919516
CPU 3 DPC total execution time (s): 0.057894
CPU 3 DPC count: 5899
CPU 4 Interrupt cycle time (s): 8.675226
CPU 4 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 4 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 4 ISR count: 0
CPU 4 DPC highest execution time (µs): 632.068376
CPU 4 DPC total execution time (s): 0.246919
CPU 4 DPC count: 43907
CPU 5 Interrupt cycle time (s): 10.098746
CPU 5 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 5 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 5 ISR count: 0
CPU 5 DPC highest execution time (µs): 500.800214
CPU 5 DPC total execution time (s): 0.051403
CPU 5 DPC count: 8385
CPU 6 Interrupt cycle time (s): 9.869491
CPU 6 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 6 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 6 ISR count: 0
CPU 6 DPC highest execution time (µs): 733.304487
CPU 6 DPC total execution time (s): 0.611443
CPU 6 DPC count: 77571
CPU 7 Interrupt cycle time (s): 9.765029
CPU 7 ISR highest execution time (µs): 0.0
CPU 7 ISR total execution time (s): 0.0
CPU 7 ISR count: 0
CPU 7 DPC highest execution time (µs): 687.708333
CPU 7 DPC total execution time (s): 0.147257
CPU 7 DPC count: 9736

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 20 @ 9:42 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Not seeing any crash logged, so might be hard to guess without more info.

Are you doing something in particular when it happens?
What if you set stems to CPU? (or disable, but setting math engine to disabled)

And some general tips

The graphic card being a bit low end perhaps.
And try set Nvidia Control Panel to the 3D App Visual
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/latest-quadro-drivers-causing-trouble/54735/6

As far as Dell goes, there been some laptop models that have had a lot of issues. Disabling some of the background Dell processes seems to help some.
https://www.dell.com/community/Precision-Mobile-Workstations/Dell-Precision-5530-ociasionaly-hanging-freezing/td-p/6233832
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/Precision-5520-random-shutdown/td-p/6079133

And make sure to update all drivers from Nvidia, Dell and Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/precision-15-5520-laptop/drivers
(Even contains an Important update november 20th 2020)
etc

Just had a crash... Can you check the log? I've tried downgrading the version. Evening tried Early Access version and still having the same problem. All of the drives have been updated.

Inviato Thu 31 Dec 20 @ 5:06 pm
Just had another crash... Please HELP!!!

Inviato Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 6:35 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Strange i use a DELL with less than half the power
Vostro 360 i5-2400S RAM 6,00 Go with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.685
There is no stability problem, even with a heavy load

Crashes I experiment are
- plugin development/testing (my fault)
- overload of GPU (too many power consuming shaders) (my bad)
- switching skin many times (known issue)
- and a known instability sometimes after long period of inactivity (already reported)
- With early versions : some codecs are sometimes reported as unstable
- Some Intel CPU/Chipset couples seems to be bad supported on some systems( not DELL specific)
in this case try to disable totally intel GPU (if possible)

Inviato Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 6:15 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Strange i use a DELL with less than half the power
Vostro 360 i5-2400S RAM 6,00 Go with Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.685
There is no stability problem, even with a heavy load

Crashes I experiment are
- plugin development/testing (my fault)
- overload of GPU (too many power consuming shaders) (my bad)
- switching skin many times (known issue)
- and a known instability sometimes after long period of inactivity (already reported)
- With early versions : some codecs are sometimes reported as unstable
- Some Intel CPU/Chipset couples seems to be bad supported on some systems( not DELL specific)
in this case try to disable totally intel GPU (if possible)

Thanks for the response. I just had another crash while doing my online show today... And... NO, I don't stream on the Dell computer I'm DJing on. Looking at your list. I'm thinking it's a CPU/GPU issue since I have a dual video card. I did have the mathEngine as GPU, I'll change to automatic and I had the useLowPowerGPU as High Power, So I change it to default. I also used this YouTuber (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQSkPmZRCjc) to optimize the computer and it works great... But it crashes after an hour...

Inviato Wed 13 Jan 21 @ 1:20 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)