Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

My database is not loading on my account. I signed out from 1 computer (Mac) into new computer (PC) and it showed the Que points and settings fine. I signed on to the Mac the next day is it has been slowly "Waiting to upload" for 2 day. My database says it's 55 MB so it's not erased. It uploaded a few colors and que points on maybe 40 songs out of 8,000.

Inviato Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 7:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
VirtualDJ does not currently sync your database to your account. Where do you see this 'waiting to upload'?
If you want to sync your database between computers you either have to copy the database.xml over, or use an external hard drive.

Inviato Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 7:06 pm
I see the waiting to upload under the VirtualDJ folder on my computer. it has been raising for 2 days from like 52 to 87 now.

Inviato Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 9:30 pm
When I click on the folder, the Cache and History folder says Waiting to Upload too.

Inviato Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 10:07 pm
What service do you use ? Google Drive ? Dropbox ? OneDrive ? Other ?
VirtualDJ will not sync/upload data on the cloud itself.
Your cloud service does. So, any possible issues must be examined in conjuction with the cloud service.

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 20 @ 7:30 am
I think I found out what the issue is. When I upgraded tp Big Sur on my Mac, things started acting up. I've been troubleshooting with Apple for 3 hours and theY can't put Catalina back on my laptop. DON'T UPGRADE TO BIG SUR BECAUSE IT ISN'T COMPATIBLE WITH VDJ NOR ANY CONTROLLERS.

Inviato Mon 21 Dec 20 @ 8:10 pm
The only thing that is confusing is I still can't see my cue points on my PC. Why is that?

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 20 @ 11:19 pm
Where's your music stored at ?
VirtualDJ doesn't transfer hotcues from one device to another.
It uses xml files for that, that act as databases.
The only way to see hotcues from one device to another is to use an external drive (in which case the database gets stored on the "VirtualDJ/database.xml" file on the root of the drive.
If you use an external drive, make sure that it has a VirtualDJ folder on it's root, that there is a "database.xml" file inside it, and that this file (if it exists) hasn't been deleted and recreated recently. Check it's size. It should be several Megabytes. If it's KB it means somehow it got deleted and all the info it hold got lost, unless you have a backup of it.

Inviato Wed 23 Dec 20 @ 1:26 pm
When I put the mouse over database file it says 52.4 MB. However, if you look at the file it says 53,741 KB. Does that sound right? I plugged in a 3rd external drive that I backed up my files months ago and it's similar but a few numbers off which is expected. I keep my database on my hard drive and back up the VirtualDJ folder on external drives (3 of them).

Inviato Wed 23 Dec 20 @ 3:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)