Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Phase - Latest Release - HID - Page: 1
Phase just released its latest update and it includes the HID protocol for Serato.

https://blog.mwm-store.com/2021/02/03/new-firmware-6-and-serato-public-beta-integration-available-today/

Quote :
New USB communication via HID protocol:
Development of a new communication protocol between Phase and Serato DJ Pro built on an HID protocol, which allows Phase to communicate directly with Serato DJ Pro via USB, without the need for RCA cables. Phase just has to be connected to the laptop via USB to communicate with Serato DJ Pro.

Improvement of the accuracy and reduction of latency:
Thanks to this powerful HID protocol, the communication between Phase and Serato DJ Pro is now twice faster, reducing latency even more. A 100% digital communication that offers better accuracy and foolproof stability.

New dedicated features:
Full integration of Phase with Serato DJ Pro offers specially designed features, such as new Serato deck mode dedicated to the use of Phase in HID mode (Wireless mode), the display of the battery percentage of the Remotes within Serato, and custom-designed animations of your Remotes LEDs that now blink to indicate when the track is loaded, or when a track comes to the end (with the “Track End warning” mode activated in the Serato settings).

My question is, is HID universal and if so, what are the chances of this working with VDJ? Phase already works amazingly with VDJ but if this feature can get implemented also into the software, it would be incredible.

Inviato Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 9:22 pm
Good question that would be beautiful if this feature come to VDJ

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 7:24 am
I tried it last night with VDJ and sadly it didnt work at all. :( Fingers crossed it will be resolved or added in the next update. It does work absolutely incredible with Serato though.

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 12:57 pm
+1

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 1:02 pm
I'm sure support will come ;-)
Just gotta have a little patience... .

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 1:16 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
I'm sure support will come ;-)
Just gotta have a little patience... .

I know....I just hate waiting. lol

Inviato Tue 23 Feb 21 @ 8:19 pm
I also can't wait for Phase HID mode to be added. VDJ please make it happen:-)

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 12:32 pm
I'm hoping VDJ does things similar as Serato as shown in this video:

1. Battery percentage of Phase shown on the skin
2. Automatically switches to internal mode if you run out of battery (if this happens, you can easily switch back to needles by going into the timecode settings and switching from Phase to whatever TC you have)
3. Remote LED flash for loading tracks and end of track

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 1:29 pm
+1

Inviato Wed 10 Mar 21 @ 12:09 am
MakuzzPRO InfinityMember since 2015
+2

Inviato Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 12:04 am
Announced last night that it's out of Beta and is in full public release. PLEEEAASSEEE VDJ build this in soon! :)

Inviato Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 11:40 am
visionz5 wrote :
Announced last night that it's out of Beta and is in full public release. PLEEEAASSEEE VDJ build this in soon! :)

I don't think they can - I think it's locked down

Inviato Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 12:39 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

I don't think they can - I think it's locked down

*sad face*

Inviato Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 1:43 pm
"visionz5 wrote :

I don't think they can - I think it's locked down"

They just have to check/ask with Phaze devs ;)

Inviato Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 3:13 pm
Support might come one way or the other ;-)

Inviato Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 3:30 pm
When you go into the Phase Manager, you can select VDJ as the software you're using, and Phase is an option under the VDJ TC settings, so fingers crossed this can be worked out and be used as a HID device much like Serato. I know we wont be able to have the battery meter in the interface like it is in Serato, but that might just be a skin update if it is added. All I care about though is it working in HID mode so I can get rid of the RCA cables.

Inviato Wed 14 Apr 21 @ 11:38 am
Same, i hope HID wil work with VDJ !

Inviato Thu 20 May 21 @ 8:57 am
+1

I'm new here coming from Serato. Phase HID support is one of the few features (maybe the only one?) that Serato has over VDJ.

Can't be that different from other HID spinning platters..?

Inviato Sun 20 Feb 22 @ 5:07 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you have it, did you test if it is recognized by hidtrace tool ?

link here

If so, could you post a screenshot. I am curious about the results.

Inviato Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 9:52 pm
djcel wrote :
If you have it, did you test if it is recognized by hidtrace tool ?

link here

If so, could you post a screenshot. I am curious about the results.

I have Phase, but I don’t have a Windows machine. If helpful, I could dump parsed HID descriptors on a Linux box..?

The big question is if MWM is willing to share how they transport the platter movement data in HID reports — i.e. the protocol description. Has Atomix been in contact with MWM?

Inviato Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 9:40 am
45%