Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Relocate Missing Files via Batch Option vs Individual
gasman22ControlleristMember since 2015
Is there a way to relocate files via a batch option vs individually or how do i ensure i am pointing the correct folder? I have around 5K files missing but are easily located individually with relocate.

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 4:10 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
yes:
you can select many missing files at a time and right click -> batch -> relocate missing files
In a way to be help I personally created a filter folder "Missing" with filter being " Exists = 0 "
you can select all and relocate

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 4:53 am
Thank you for this info
you can select many missing files at a time and right click -> batch -> relocate missing files
In a way to be help I personally created a filter folder "Missing" with filter being " Exists = 0 "
you can select all and relocate"
Here's my situation, building a music database for a club, while transferring files to the internal hard drive, the computer locked up, we had to do a hard reset and when the computer rebooted, the files had moved to the public folder. This computer doesn't have any internet connection. It was showing the files in the database as missing, after a week we have moved the files back to the original spot. But I'm getting all kinds of corrupt database messages. I've tried running the remove missing files from search feature. Every time we reboot we keep getting the same message. Unfortunately the club won't give us anything newish, we get refurbished windows 7 computers. Is there a way to fix this? In the virtual Dj folder on the main drive there is no file that says database.

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 8:56 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
databases are located in "Documents\VirtualDJ" on main drive
and in "\VirtualDJ" on external drives
it calls "database.xml"
there may be some backup in "Documents\VirtualDJ\Backup" but sadly not after a crash/reboot
if so, you can restore
if not you can erase / rename to start again with a fresh database (may take time)
it will rescan automatically but cue points and other settings may be missing

Inviato Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 9:55 pm
I do not have a "relocate missing files" within the batch arrow. It is by itself in the right click box but if selected it only does one song at a time. I have music in an (itunes) and (my cd's) subfolder of the music folder. i used to be able to see all songs of all subfolders if i clicked on music folder but nothing appears. I also downloaded the "my library" extension and it shows nothing when i select the missing folder. How do you point a folder to where your music is located or should VDJ do this automatically?

Inviato Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 12:11 am
If I relocate a song and am successful. The same song shows missing again when i reopen VDJ?

Inviato Thu 25 Feb 21 @ 1:33 am
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
It seems like there's only the option to relocate them individually, via the button directly under the right click menu (not under batch submenu).
I'm getting no Relocate option under the "Batch" submenu. Have tried right clicking the filter folder as well as right clicking a group of tracks.

Inviato Fri 03 Feb 23 @ 1:54 am