Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sampler at 100% volume on 1st press

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Why is my sampler playing volume at 100% the 1st time I press the pad button. Autogain shit again? Do i have to twist this sampler knob up 100% and down every time I start my controller or risk my job as a dj? ANY controller using this stupid ASS autogain control seems to be the problem. Funny how Serato and Recordbox NEVER have this problem. I AM PISSED! Bar manager almost through me out of the bar for this 120DB Sample.

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 3:07 am
DDJ-800. Press MOBIUS sampler OR any PAD activated sample gives me 100% volume on the deck. 100%!!!!!

My apologies for the quoted comments,, I didnt see the edit button.

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 6:35 pm
Samles are like decks .. players.
They start with volume up, just as volume on deck does.

At least currently that is the case, in theory volume sliders could perhaps be saved, but probably quite a "spaghetti" mess between multiple samples, banks etc etc.

Nothing unusual in decks and other players (sampler, preview player etc) starting with volume up

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 7:01 pm
That being said, if any of your samples are too loud, you can right-click and open it in Sampler Editor, and adjust the gain. This is volume/gain is saved with the sample
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/sampleeditor.html

And if you want to "force" a lower volume for sampler, you can in keyboard mapper, for the ONINIT entry set the action:
sampler_volume_master 80%
And sampler will be at 80% volume at start up of the software

Some controllers also have an additional feature. Where pads are velocity sensitive (pressure sensitive), so if you change sampler pads to the velocity controller sampler, each sample will play as loud as you press (sounds nice in theory, little harder to "fine press" in real life, but can work nice). The DDJ-800 doesnt have this I belive (but not sure), think you need DDJ-1000 for that (or similar)

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 7:08 pm
thank you!@!!!!!!!!!

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 7:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)