Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ not opening

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, I Have been using VirtualDJ on a Mac. Now it won't open. It starts to open, then another icon opens up and both icons close. Notifications indicate No sound card. * Party Mix. No inputs or outputs configured. The sound is working on the Mac. Program won't open so the configuration can be checked. How can this be fixed?
Thanks,

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 10:39 pm
Try this.. .
Rename the file settings.xml in /documents/virtualdj/
Then start the software (to rule out some bad setting)

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 10:57 pm
I renamed the settings file. It tried opening a little longer, then same thing happened another icon popped up and they both closed.

Inviato Wed 03 Mar 21 @ 11:15 pm
Try debugging to see what can be the cause

1) try without the controller connected. Starts up then?
2) any other hardware such as external drive, try without connected... Works then?

And can always try run the full installer from site, just to refresh the installation
https://www.virtualdj.com/download/

Probably not related, but could always help to have best macOS. Can also try update the mac perhaps, looks like you are on macOS 10.11.. Thats already a half a decade old OS :)
(but as you said worked before, so its something else with the computer likely)

Inviato Thu 04 Mar 21 @ 12:13 am
Thanks Rune,
1) no
2) no externals
reinstalling no help.
10 years or so old.. the lap top is older than that :)
tried deleting a few unneeded programs... no change.

Inviato Thu 04 Mar 21 @ 2:20 am
Little hard to guess then, you say a second icon.. any chance of seeing what it says?

And as a test, can try roll back one update to see if it was something with last update that broke on your 10 year old mac:
https://virtualdj.com/download/mac/6263

When you said it worked before, it was recently I guess?
Not like a year ago or anything like that ;-)

Inviato Thu 04 Mar 21 @ 12:02 pm
last time could of been 6-months to a year... the kid doesn't remember..
When opening the program the VirtualDJ icon shows in the dock then after several seconds another VirtualDJ shows up in the dock. After a couple few seconds both of the VirtualDJ icons close without opening the program. I tried the roll back option you presented above. No go. I found a few versions in downloads and tried rolling it back to 5949 - No go. I rolled it back to version 8.2 the original install with the Numark Pary Mix- the program opened. The controller seems to be having an issue with deck 1, play button not responding. I don't know how to get iDJ pool to show up. I'll have to see what happens when it updates.

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 12:04 am
Might be that your 10 year old mac have issues with some of the latest features then, most probable is the stems feature (instant acapella on any song) that does require a bit of computer powers..

You could download latest version, and manually open settings.xml (in /documents/virtualdj/) and set this to disabled, under <performance> add/edit the following

<mathEngine modified="yes">Disabled</mathEngine>

But if that sounds too complicated, you can at least use VirtualDJ 2020 (build before stems)
https://virtualdj.com/download/mac/5630 VirtualDJ 2020 build 5630 (for macOS X 10.8 and above)

But you said you did build 5949, and that worked, so that makes stems likely as the cause.
And not quite sure then. Just keep the build that works for your old mac at least ;-)

And then turn off "checkUpdates" in settings, options in VirtualDJ (for now).

IDJPool should work regardless of what version you have (unless its extremely old)
And why playbutton on the PartyMix dont work, little harder to say. Hopefully not a broken hardware.
But make sure the PartyMix soundcard is not taken as default soundcard of the operating system or other running apps. And that the PartyMix driver is not blocked (but dont think your old macos will)
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/partymix/setup.html

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 12:15 am
Thanks Rune, Over the next coupe of days I'll give the 5630 a try and then the tweaking in the settings of the 2020 build if the 5630 doesn't work. Now it seems the button issue has resolved. How do I get IDJPool to show up in the browser field at bottom left of the skin?

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 3:03 am
DJ CADETS wrote :
How do I get IDJPool to show up in the browser field at bottom left of the skin?

Should show under the "Online Music" folder.
If you dont see it, try right-click the "Online Music" folder and choose "Show : iDJ Pool".

Alternatively if not working, click the small dot at the far left toolbar in the browser area.
And there choose the option "Reset Root Folders"

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 12:24 pm
Doesn't show Online Music, Local Music nor iDJPool. Small dot - iDJPool not listed in the root elements. No option "reset root folders". I have content unlimited that can pull up songs. I don't know if it's pulling from iDJPool.

I see iDJPool in settings under <rootFolders> though along with 13 other entries.

Inviato Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 9:47 pm

Inviato Sun 07 Mar 21 @ 9:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)