Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Info for HP Laptop with Nvidia Graphics cards problems

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi Guys,

I wrote about and saw the problems that some people were having with VDJ freezes when right clicking tracks on VDJ. I know there have been VDJ updates that have sought to fix this issue.

I have a HP Pavilion 15 Laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor, Nvidia GTX 1660 with MAX Q Design Graphics card and 16gb of RAM on Windows 10 Home. About 4 weeks ago i had noticed the freezing on vdj when i right click and eventually vdj crashed and often had to restart my machine. From this , i also noticed that my Nvidia Drivers seemed to be showing a code 43 error (Broken Drivers). I had read that people were have aspects of and/or similar issues on the vdj forums. Well, 3 weeks later, appalling non existent support from HP and 5 fresh Windows installs later i have some important info on what the problems were and how to go about fixing them. I thought i would share this as it may help other VDJ users here.

I had exhausted all options. Updating of Laptop firmware, updating and rolling back all drivers for all devices and attempting to uninstall the graphics drivers via many different ways from Microsoft and NVIDIA forums. I basically could not get the Nvidia graphics drivers to work. They may work for a couple of restarts but always ended up breaking. As a last resort i put my problem to NVIDIA, i have included the link below with instructions and advice. The guy at Nvidia was brilliant. It turns out that there is a disclaimer from Nvidia in regards to HP Laptops and graphics card issues because of what i was doing. You must only use HP OEM drivers specific to the model of your Laptop and/or Windows updated drivers, to ensure the Nvidia Graphics drivers work smoothly. I had always used the excellent IOBIT Driver booster to get the latest drivers but it seems i should have not done this. So i reinstalled Windows 10 and took the drivers from Windows update and The specific drivers for my hp Laptop model. 10 days later laptop is still flying, non of the old problems are back or have broken. VDJ now runs great with zero problems.

In the link i mention the DPC latency spike for the nvdllkm driver, i am connected to an external monitor and when you right click on vdj and select something like bpm editor , Latency Mon shows a one second spike of around 1.2 for DPC latency. If everything is working on your laptop this is no problem as explained in the link below, it is to do with using an external monitor and it is nothing to worry about ( I have extensively tested this with vdj and over 10 days there has been zero visual or audio problems)

I truly hope this post and link may help people on here. If you are wishing to uninstall Nvidia drivers that are not working , there is a step by step guide you must follow carefully to uninstall and reinstall.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/user/777552/435667//?comment=3011206

Inviato Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 3:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)