Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Search Playlist
djjoe21PRO InfinityMember since 2006
After many years of using this program I never new the search playlist feature existed. Now that I know about there is 1 question I have. The songs come up multiple times

All the song I search come up like this. Always 3 regardless if they are in playlists or virtual folders.

Thanks
Joe

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 9:37 pm
Sort the playlist by song name...
By the looks of it you might have songs in the list 3 times.. . At least in the short view in the screenshot some of the songs seem to appear more than once

can for example happen if you have backups that are connected with exactly same content etc

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 9:50 pm
The songs that look like multiples are different versions. Even if I remove the song out of the virtual folder temporarily it still shows 3 time like its still in there. I'm sure there is only 1 version. All my music is on an internal. Im sure my back up has been plugged in but currently it is not.

Joe

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 10:28 pm
Could it be you have 3 copies of that playlist then perhaps?

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 10:49 pm
I don't think so. At least I cannot see them in the program.

Inviato Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 1:42 pm
Tried with several files and it's working correctly for me. Looks like you need to go digging.

Inviato Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 2:38 pm
So I went digging and found that it seems songs that were coming up as missing in the history files (of which I had a bunch). I am slowly relocating those files and the problem seems to be sorting itself at slowly. Not sure why it would appear like I had 3 virtual folders but when I went back to the specific song from the pic after relocating them in history file it was fixed. Slow process but works for me. I did have to restart VDJ to see the changes.

Thanks for the help
Joe

Inviato Wed 31 Mar 21 @ 5:28 pm
I think you found a bug (or at least a flaw).

Surely if the files are flagged as missing in the history lists, then they should also show as missing in the 'search playlists' results.

Inviato Wed 31 Mar 21 @ 8:48 pm
Was just about to post exactly the same thing.

Inviato Wed 31 Mar 21 @ 9:54 pm
how to search playlist??

Inviato Sat 18 Dec 21 @ 9:19 pm
daydreamerbr wrote :
how to search playlist??

i too, would like to know this. anyone? thanks.

Inviato Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 1:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Inviato Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 1:20 pm
djjoe21 wrote :
So I went digging and found that it seems songs that were coming up as missing in the history files (of which I had a bunch). I am slowly relocating those files and the problem seems to be sorting itself at slowly. Not sure why it would appear like I had 3 virtual folders but when I went back to the specific song from the pic after relocating them in history file it was fixed. Slow process but works for me. I did have to restart VDJ to see the changes.

Thanks for the help
Joe

Any more on this issue? As i am getting the same problems with the search folder displaying the same folder twice in vdj2024

Inviato Tue 18 Jun 24 @ 10:25 am