Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Import library and other information from Serato Pro
I plan to switch from Serato Pro to Virtual DJ. It is of course essential that I get all relevant information from Serato transferred to VDJ, such as: crates, smart crates and the columns: genre, BPM, key, comment, label, grouping, remixer, composer & added date. Is that possible?

Inviato Sun 04 Apr 21 @ 2:48 pm

Inviato Sun 04 Apr 21 @ 10:24 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
As replied it should work fine. One point from my side: Good decision.
I went from Traktor over Serato to Rekordbox and finally ended up at VDJ. Was never more happy.
It just rocks...

Inviato Mon 05 Apr 21 @ 1:01 am
What about importing play counts from Serato? Is that possible? I'm also curious if the color labels you might have on some songs in Serato are also imported.

Inviato Wed 02 Aug 23 @ 4:14 pm
Be aware that for MP3 files, cue points imported from Serato tags are sometimes off by a small amount. It depends on the MP3 encoder. I believe the reason is differences in the MP3 decoders used in Serato and VDJ.

Also, beatgrid markers are not imported. If you have manually gridded old songs, then you need to re-grid or use a 3rd party tool such as DJCU or Lexicon or whatever.

EDIT: whoops, it’s an old thread — only saw that after posting. But the post is solid..! 🤪🍷

Inviato Wed 02 Aug 23 @ 6:18 pm