Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ crashed on me mid stream today!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VDJ has been quite reliable for me since I started using it for streaming. The only real issue I had a while ago was a memory leak from a plugin, but that was fixed.

Today though, VDJ crashed when all I did was click on the taskbar to switch away from Firefox (running the mod view for the stream) to the VDJ screen. It restarted and I was able to restart the stream and carry on, but I lost use of the camera. I had to open the cameras settings and select another FPS/resolution to wake the camera input up.

It would be nice to know what caused it...

Inviato Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 2:37 pm
Will leave it for Adion to digg deeper but from initial looks it might appear as if the Denon screen driver crashed.. Perhaps you noticed something on the Prime as well (but could be other things, Adion will know better if its clear what it was)

Inviato Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 3:24 pm
OK thanks

After VDJ restarted, the Prime 4 did not show the VDJ skin. It was just displaying the "computer mode" waiting screen, so I had to reboot it (losing audio to the stream).

Inviato Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 3:48 pm
It's just happened again!

I did a three hour stream with no issues, then just when I was planning to finish, clicked VDJ on the taskbar (I wanted to switch off the background shaders) and it crashed.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 12:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Looks like latest crash was indeed again related to the Prime screen.
Since you mentioned clicking VDJ on the task bar, was VDJ minimized before?

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 1:18 pm
Most of the time I have Firefox and a digital level meter showing, with VDJ open but minimised, so I can switch to it if I need to do something which I can't do from the Prime 4.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 1:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ok, we'll investigate. Not sure yet if it's related, but in the meantime while using the Prime don't minimize vdj. (It's ok to switch to firefox or other apps)

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 3:02 pm
OK I'll see what happens on my next stream. Thanks!

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 7:07 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)