Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Looping on end of broadcast to shoutcast server

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Has anyone when using VDJ to broadcast to a shoutcast server encountered looping of last seconds of broadcast for the listeners? I have used VDJ to broadcast to a radio station using a shoutcast server and never had this happen before. I also have tried using Winamp and MIXXX to duplicate the issue but it does not loop the last seconds of broadcast like VDJ does so that tells me it is an issue within VDJ somewhere.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:11 pm
Shoutcast server itself does that..
It has an audio buffer, and when the broadcast abruptly ends, the buffer in the server will "loop" a few times while waiting on new signal, or engaging any fallback ("auto dj" or file to play when not live)

When you disconnect in VirtualDJ, its disconnected.. can not do anything to the server anymore.
Should be quite the same in other apps, at least to my experience

You can always try shut down VirtualDJ completely at broadcast end, and see if that makes a difference. But doubt that, its probably just the small buffer at the shoutcast server itself

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:17 pm
That part i understand but why when i use other software like MIXXX or Winamp it works perfect without any looping? But when i use VDJ again it starts the looping again at end of broadcast?

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:21 pm
Its a bit random how the buffer is at end, but should be same in all software (Since its a server thing).
Try again, and you should experience same..

But you can always do a quick test to see if its really VirtualDJ (only).
Simply shut down the whole program to end broadcast (after mixing a while).
If you hear a "loop", VirtualDJ is not even running (but its also not doing anything at regular disconnect)

Doubt its VirtualDJ, but could be...
Have heard same thing with other DJ software streams though

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:25 pm
When i am streaming and listening to the actual stream its never a loop it always happens at end of broadcast. Never nothing unusual happens during the broadcast cause i am always listening to make sure. Its just strange because no matter what other software i use it doesn't happen. I have even tried BUTT just now and it works perfect but again when i went back and tried VDJ it still does the same looping of last 5-10 seconds of broadcast.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
so, play 5 seconds of silence before disconnecting.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:37 pm
i even tried that and still same thing

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 2:41 pm
I bet its same in all ..
It also depends on the player you are listening with, it will also often buffer the sound, and when reaching abrupt interrupt, can "loop" a few times ..

And could also be you used Icecast on other app (Shoutcast doesnt have an immediate smooth fallback to file/autodj)

At least it sounds like you ran onto a fairly common "issue" with abruptly ending stream on shoutcast
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=206206

And the "fix" (at least how I do it) is as easy as mentioned above.. fade out end, or let it run with no sound a little bit before you stop broadast. Works fine my end at least

But you can always test if its really VirtualDJ.
Instead of stopping broadcast normal way, just shut the software down.
If still same "issue" VirtualDJ is not even running, and its all server side

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 3:28 pm
ok, i just closed out vdj instead of ending broadcast the normal way and it went off perfect that way. So what could cause that?

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 3:39 pm
Try a couple of times, and with a bit of length of broadcast.
The buffer on server (if its that you experience) is not always causing a "loop"
And is fairly common with Shoutcast and abrupt end to current stream

And how do you end the broadcast normally?
Its pretty much same as shutting down the software in theory, it shuts down the connection

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 3:47 pm
I normally end the broadcast by pressing the BCAST button in middle of the screen on VDJ and normally with bout 3 seconds dry air. I have tried about 6 times just now by closing VDJ completly AND IS WORKING PERFECT that way. But soon as i tried the normal way by pressing the BCAST button to end the broadcast it loops again.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 3:53 pm
ok, we'll check a little our end

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 4:00 pm
Thanks. Keep me posted.

Inviato Sat 24 Apr 21 @ 4:11 pm
It was working good that way with closing VDJ but now either way i do it, whether pressing the BCAST button or closing VDJ, the looping happens. :-(

Inviato Sun 25 Apr 21 @ 2:21 am
yeah i dont think its related to VDJ..
With VDJ closed the software is not even running..

If you try a few times with winamp, likely same happens...

But will try some my end

Inviato Sun 25 Apr 21 @ 10:19 am
When try with winamp and Mixxx and Butt it never happens like it happens with VDJ, thats what has me confused

Inviato Sun 25 Apr 21 @ 1:33 pm
This problem is still ongoing. It just happened to me again when ending broadcast. Everybody else who broadcasts to that same shoutcast server uses other software and it is not happening to them. Some of other djs use Winamp, Mixxx, and i am only one using VDJ and it only happens with me and i have even tried those softwares myself and it never happens. Something just is not right cause that looping loops everytime when i use VDJ

Inviato Thu 20 May 21 @ 2:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)