Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Connecting and Mapping Pioneer Club Gear to VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am getting closer and closer to successively connecting VDJ to a pair of CDJ2000NX2 and DJM900NX2. All three Pioneer devices are connected by RJ45 ethernet cables to a powered, 5 port ethernet switch. I then plug my laptop into the top of the DJM900NX2 with a USB cable. The DJM is connected as the output device (not computer audio), so when I adjust the channel sliders and gain knobs on the mixer, the sound is manipulated locally and is not reflected on the computer. This works well and doesn't bother me, but it may be the reason I am having mapping issues with the mixer.

Everything pretty much works, but I have two main mapping issues that I need help with. The first problem occurs when trying to map the COLOR rotary encoder on each channel. I want that rotary to control my stems: turn to the left for instrumentals, turn to the right for acappellas. I use the action script: stem 'FullVocal' to make that happen, and it works... but it's the COLOR rotary encoder from channel 2 that controls the audio from channel 1, etc. How can I get each COLOR rotary encoder to only control the audio from the same channel, and not the adjacent channel?

The second issue is with mapping the CDJ2000NX2. The standard mapping in VDJ doesn't seem to include any action for the outer, side ring of the jog shuttles. Shouldn't they automatically nudge the track forward and backward? How to activate this action?

Inviato Wed 28 Apr 21 @ 1:20 pm

Inviato Fri 14 May 21 @ 9:39 am
The outer and inner section of the jogwheel are one and the same.
The top surface though has a touch sensor that's mapped to engage vinyl mode (when vinyl mode is active)
Therefore, when vinyl mode is active on CDJ moving the jog from the outer side will nudge the track (pitch bend) while moving it by the top side with enough pressure will make it scratch

Also please DO NOT start multiple threads on the same manner. It makes support more difficult

I already answered your other thread and then I saw this one

So, short answer for color fx knobs:
Change mixer order to 1234

Finally please read this:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/clubsetup/index.html
Especially the last paragraph of this page:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/clubsetup/hidvialink.html

Inviato Fri 14 May 21 @ 9:40 am
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also please DO NOT start multiple threads on the same manner. It makes support more difficult

Sorry, I thought I had closed this topic here before posting in the other forum. I had waited over a week with no replies, so I figured the other forum might get more eyeballs.

Inviato Sat 22 May 21 @ 6:05 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)