Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: IPAD Pro with M1 compatibility
Are there any plans for Virtual to be compatible with the new M1 Ipad Pro that is hitting the market?
For all intents and purposes, the new M1 iPad looks to be a full-powered computer with a single USB-C but is running the scaled down Ipad OS. Theoretically, this device would be perfect for smaller setups.

I know that Virtual is compatible and native for the M1, however, it is only available, if I am not mistaken, for Mac Os and not Ipad OS 14.

I would think if it is natively compatible with ipad os 14 it would just need to be repackaged for the ipad.

.....Or am I completely off base here?

Thanks

Inviato Mon 03 May 21 @ 2:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For programmers, macOS and iPadOS are quite different in many ways still, so it is not just repackaging.
There might be a version of VirtualDJ for iPad some day, but there's no specific release date for that yet.

Inviato Mon 03 May 21 @ 2:19 pm
Just found this thread.

Indeed it would be fantastic to have VDJ running on my iPad Pro. I am using it more and more as a replacement for my Macbook and VDJ is pretty much the only app that I need that does not have an iPad version. Traveling would be so much easier if I could just go with my iPad only.

Any updates on this topics? Plans?

Edit: I would be very happy to pay for another license for VDJ to iPad

Inviato Wed 25 May 22 @ 7:31 am