Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Re-Scan Every time VDJ Updates
Why does VDJ have to rescan my entire library every time there is an update? The last several 3-4 updates, I have to rescan my library before the tags are correct and cue points show up. I don't ever remember this being an issue pre-2021. Can anyone explain this to me?
Thanks!

Inviato Sat 03 Jul 21 @ 6:51 pm
Probably the old process is just frozen in the background (and hence database is taken and in use).
If it happens again, try restart the computer after update, and I bet all is good ;-)

Inviato Sat 03 Jul 21 @ 8:51 pm
I quit VDJ, resorted Mac, reopened it and it still wants to call all the files.

Inviato Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 2:28 am

Inviato Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 9:24 am
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
I guess you mean everytime you start then? you said update...
Try give VirtualDJ full disk access

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Settings-not-saving.html

@RUNE,
No sir, I meant what I typed. Every time there is a VDJ update. You get the window that says "VIRTUAL DJ HAS BEEN UPDATED. DID YOU WANT TO USE THE UDATED VERSION NOW?" When you click YES, it restarts with the updated version and has to rescan the entire library.

Inviato Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 4:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So what exactly do you see after the update ?
Something like "Reload Tags ... " , "Scan ... " or some other info in Status bar (next to Search) ?
What kind of folder is focused in Browser on startup , some Playlist, Favorite folder, some other type ?

Inviato Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 7:14 pm
I have had something similar happen to me since the last up date. Only half of my data, ie tags cue points plays etc shows in the browser. Using Mac.. never moved folder, laptop only gets used for gigging and music is stored internally on my computer. Any ideas

Inviato Wed 07 Jul 21 @ 9:05 pm