Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loss of music quality and uncontrolled and unstabe tempo (vdj with xdj-xz)
I suddenly I have to deal with loss of sound quality with vdj with a xdj-xz.
High tones in particular will hiss or falter.
Also the tempo sometimes changes when turning the other jog wheel.
(P.S: I don't have this problem when using other dj software like recordbox).
For example, if I: I turn the jog wheel on the left, and the track playing on the right gets distorted. also the other way around.
I also hear ticks or cracks on the the playing track when I turn the opposite jog wheel, even though the slider and fader is closed on te opposite jog/track.
I have already increased the buffer size of the asio in all positions, turned of all other apps, closed internet connection, but it has no effect.
After +10 years of using vdj on pioneer mixers adnd windowss PC wihout any problems.
This problem came up suddenly +- a week ago, after already using vdj with xdj-xz for over 1 year.
I am now forced to use recordbox or another software, because I don't have this problem when using other dj software.
I think this problem started after a vdj software update.
Somebody knows the cause of this loss of music quality and uncontrolled tempo changes in vdj/xdj-xz? Best reagrds, William.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 9:45 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If your computer is not very fast, and you recently upgraded to vdj 2021, you could try to disable stems processing by setting the mathEngine option to disabled.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 10:24 am
Hello, oke i will try that.
But i'am using vdj 2021 since longer time, and had no problems.
My PC is fast enough i think?: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz , 64 bit, 16GB RAM.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 2:19 pm
Hello, NO
disable stems processing by setting the mathEngine option to disabled did not help.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 2:30 pm
Still a big problem with false notes sounding music.
I use vdj on 3 FMradio's (1 hour DJ in the mix), this problem is quite annoying and impossible to use vdj now.

Inviato Wed 28 Jul 21 @ 2:46 pm

Inviato Thu 29 Jul 21 @ 9:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That should only be a last resort option though. Be careful as disabling it can make your pc run much hotter than necessary.

Inviato Thu 29 Jul 21 @ 9:33 am