Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Improvements needed to chromakey and camera features
Today I have been struggling to get a decent result from the VDJ chroma key....

First of all, it proved impossible to key my green background fully without removing half of myself in the foreground. It's no problem to do so in Streamlabs OBS - same camera, same background, same lighting.

Secondly I noticed that there is only one chromakey adjustment available in VDJ, even when using multiple cameras. So if you have two cams at different angles, if you adjust the chromakey on one camera it affects the other one too.

Thirdly, in Streamlabs OBS you can crop the camera image to remove any parts you don't want in shot i.e. the edge of your green screen.

I can now see why people choose to stream from OBS. In terms of chromakey it's way ahead of VDJ.

Inviato Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 3:17 pm
Moto-UKHome userMember since 2016
groovindj wrote :
Today I have been struggling to get a decent result from the VDJ chroma key....

First of all, it proved impossible to key my green background fully without removing half of myself in the foreground. It's no problem to do so in Streamlabs OBS - same camera, same background, same lighting.

Secondly I noticed that there is only one chromakey adjustment available in VDJ, even when using multiple cameras. So if you have two cams at different angles, if you adjust the chromakey on one camera it affects the other one too.

Thirdly, in Streamlabs OBS you can crop the camera image to remove any parts you don't want in shot i.e. the edge of your green screen.

I can now see why people choose to stream from OBS. In terms of chromakey it's way ahead of VDJ.

Same issue here had a great result in OBS and can use an image as a backdrop, in VDJ nothing of the sort,

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:33 pm
I do my chromakey stuff in Resolume now, then feed the output into VDJ.

The ChromaKey effect in Resolume has a total of 14 parameters that you can adjust. VDJ is seriously lacking in comparison.

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:46 pm